Violine ostrich or raisin box

Thank you everyone! For all of you who have been in the H forum long probably remember my long wait for the violine ostrich Birkin. Then, when it came, I turned it down! Yeah, DUMB!!!

Well, I MIGHT have another chance this year in getting the violine ostrich and I don't want to screw it up again lol! I'm thinking hard between these two choices, but maybe my heart is leaning more towards the violine ostrich since I so regretted it the last time when I didn't get it!

I must confess that I almost turned mine down as well :sweatdrop: but now I am totally in :heart: with it!

my opinion maybe completely biased...ostrich all the way :wlae::wlae::wlae:

I think I also have to be more specific here. The violine ostrich is a 30cm Birkin and the raisin box is a 28cm HAC. I do love the HAC shape over the Birkin but I'm just wondering that if ever I would only have 1 Birkin, the ostrich violine would be a fabulous one to have! Since I regretted not getting the one before, if I have a second chance, is it a sign? However, I so, so love the shape of the HAC and I think raisin box would be wonderful also. I'm not so much into a black HAC so wouldn't a raisin box HAC would be great neutral?

trama turgo & pepper - Thanks so much for this feedback on box. That gives me a lot of reassurance.

M - what a dilemma! i would be torn myself too! i just read yor love for the 28 HAC and i have a feeling you will get this. but it doesnt really matter which one you get because they're both equally gorgeous bags! good luck on your choice!

Thanks everyone for your thoughts! Yes, both are gorgeous so it's tough!

I think both colors in both leathers presented are wonderful. But I don't want to choose the violine ostrich just because it is ostrich and a Birkin. I would like to think of more what I'd like ... at the moment, I'm indecisive. I guess since I found out I can have a second shot at the violine ostrich, that maybe it's a sign?? lol!!!

pazt - I love my HAC!!! That's why I'm torn lol! Raisin box is also fabulous and a classic! I think the bag coming is among the last batch of the true box being made. I've been told that the new box is not as nice as the old one. Well, who knows? Maybe they run out of the old box and if that's the case, I'm not sure about it anymore. I saw the new box and I'm not as in love as with the old box.

I think both are gorgeous! I don't know why,( maybe 'cause I remember your quest for this elusive Violine so long ago, LOL!) but maybe I see you more with the Violine ostrich, and I'm not an ostrich lover! I don't know this thing about new and old Box: I thought "old" Box was what was produced over 15/20 years ago, and more recent Box is "new"....I have just bought a Box HAC, and compared to my older Box bags (beguinning 1990's) it looks pretty much the same...go figure....Anyway, I hope my SO Box Birkin which should arrive in the summer, is the same Box I've seen so far!

I think both are gorgeous! I don't know why,( maybe 'cause I remember your quest for this elusive Violine so long ago, LOL!) but maybe I see you more with the Violine ostrich, and I'm not an ostrich lover! I don't know this thing about new and old Box: I thought "old" Box was what was produced over 15/20 years ago, and more recent Box is "new"....I have just bought a Box HAC, and compared to my older Box bags (beguinning 1990's) it looks pretty much the same...go figure....Anyway, I hope my SO Box Birkin which should arrive in the summer, is the same Box I've seen so far!

The SA and store manager showed me the leather sample of the new box and it doesn't look as shiny and smooth as the older ones. Go figure lol!