Violine ostrich or raisin box

I am not a big fan of ostrich, and I love box, and I think raisin in box is really special, I choose it over several other combinations for myself.
BTW, I have taken lots of rain and never had a proble with my box bags, I just don't let the drops dry on the bag. If I don't have anything to wipe it I just do it with my hands every now and then, and when I am home if there's something left I wipe it. Box isn't THAT fragile when it comes to rain, I believe it really takes lots of water to cause the ugly bubbles and bumps tha everybody is talking about.
My choice goes to raisin box over violine ostrich.

^^I agree re: box's non-fragility. It is supposed to get light scuffs that eventually blend. I've had unexpected droplets inadvertently dry on box, despite trying to immediately wipe them off--they initially leave a visible spot, but when really, really dried, like a day or two later...nothing.

I think I also have to be more specific here. The violine ostrich is a 30cm Birkin and the raisin box is a 28cm HAC. I do love the HAC shape over the Birkin but I'm just wondering that if ever I would only have 1 Birkin, the ostrich violine would be a fabulous one to have! Since I regretted not getting the one before, if I have a second chance, is it a sign? However, I so, so love the shape of the HAC and I think raisin box would be wonderful also. I'm not so much into a black HAC so wouldn't a raisin box HAC would be great neutral?

trama turgo & pepper - Thanks so much for this feedback on box. That gives me a lot of reassurance.

LaVan, I'd say go with the violine ostrich...it's just so pretty...if the rain issue is a big one, then that will be safer bet. I don't take box out if I know it is supposed to rain. Ostrich looks scary when it gets wet but dries perfectly.

Purple_Plume_Ostrich.jpg

LaVan, I'd say go with the violine ostrich...it's just so pretty...if the rain issue is a big one, then that will be safer bet. I don't take box out if I know it is supposed to rain. Ostrich looks scary when it gets wet but dries perfectly.

I'm trying to psyche myself lol! So, for the rain I can take out my chevre bags maybe lol!

I have until autumn to think it over since these bags won't arrive until then ... unless they're late since you'll never know with H lol!

Voline ostrich is my dream combo so I'm partial to it. Besides I think you can always at a raison box later on. Box doesn't do well in the rain btw. Both are pretty, but I'd go with voline ostrich first- dreamy combo!