Violine ostrich or raisin box

La Vanguardia

PAPER DOLL
O.G.
Dec 21, 2005
Which one would you choose? Both colors are lovely!

Violine is one of the best colors I've seen in ostrich and raisin is also fabulous with box. I know I have an issue with the darkening handles of ostrich, but this won't be a major problem in violine. I do love box, but can it be an everyday bag due to rain, snow and the hussle and bussle of the city?

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

^^ I do have a box Kelly and I'm aware of the pros and cons of box. But maybe someone has found a trick with rain since I don't want to look stupid to have a plastic bag over a big box bag lol!

you are trying to choose between the best and the best:smile:........I love purples and I am admittedly biased. I prefer violine as it is less brown than raisin. I would choose ostrich because it is so durable. I have an ancient Hermes ostrich clutch--it is from the late 60's or early 70's and looks nearly new. I have one box bag and they need babying. I prefer box in smaller sizes for specific uses as opposed to everyday.

Between the two, colourwise I prefer Violine as Raisin in Box has too much blue for my liking. I think Violine is a true-r purple.

Leather wise, I like both! Obviously they are very different. Sorry, not much help here. :shame:

Thank you everyone! For all of you who have been in the H forum long probably remember my long wait for the violine ostrich Birkin. Then, when it came, I turned it down! Yeah, DUMB!!!

Well, I MIGHT have another chance this year in getting the violine ostrich and I don't want to screw it up again lol! I'm thinking hard between these two choices, but maybe my heart is leaning more towards the violine ostrich since I so regretted it the last time when I didn't get it!