Violine ostrich or raisin box

trama turgo

O.G.
Aug 2, 2006
I am not a big fan of ostrich, and I love box, and I think raisin in box is really special, I choose it over several other combinations for myself.
BTW, I have taken lots of rain and never had a proble with my box bags, I just don't let the drops dry on the bag. If I don't have anything to wipe it I just do it with my hands every now and then, and when I am home if there's something left I wipe it. Box isn't THAT fragile when it comes to rain, I believe it really takes lots of water to cause the ugly bubbles and bumps tha everybody is talking about.
My choice goes to raisin box over violine ostrich.

TheNordstrom Anniversary Saleis NOW open to Ambassador cardmembers.Click or tap to shop the Nordstrom sale!
P.S. Don't forget to join the activeNAS 2020 threadand share your hauls with the community!

Pepper

Raisinette
Authenticator
O.G.
Oct 12, 2006
^^I agree re: box's non-fragility. It is supposed to get light scuffs that eventually blend. I've had unexpected droplets inadvertently dry on box, despite trying to immediately wipe them off--they initially leave a visible spot, but when really, really dried, like a day or two later...nothing.

La Vanguardia

PAPER DOLL
O.G.
Dec 21, 2005
I think I also have to be more specific here. The violine ostrich is a 30cm Birkin and the raisin box is a 28cm HAC. I do love the HAC shape over the Birkin but I'm just wondering that if ever I would only have 1 Birkin, the ostrich violine would be a fabulous one to have! Since I regretted not getting the one before, if I have a second chance, is it a sign? However, I so, so love the shape of the HAC and I think raisin box would be wonderful also. I'm not so much into a black HAC so wouldn't a raisin box HAC would be great neutral?

trama turgo & pepper - Thanks so much for this feedback on box. That gives me a lot of reassurance.

Pepper

Raisinette
Authenticator
O.G.
Oct 12, 2006
LaVan, I'd say go with the violine ostrich...it's just so pretty...if the rain issue is a big one, then that will be safer bet. I don't take box out if I know it is supposed to rain. Ostrich looks scary when it gets wet but dries perfectly.

La Vanguardia

PAPER DOLL
O.G.
Dec 21, 2005
LaVan, I'd say go with the violine ostrich...it's just so pretty...if the rain issue is a big one, then that will be safer bet. I don't take box out if I know it is supposed to rain. Ostrich looks scary when it gets wet but dries perfectly.
I'm trying to psyche myself lol! So, for the rain I can take out my chevre bags maybe lol!

I have until autumn to think it over since these bags won't arrive until then ... unless they're late since you'll never know with H lol!

Mar 19, 2007
LaLa Land
Voline ostrich is my dream combo so I'm partial to it. Besides I think you can always at a raison box later on. Box doesn't do well in the rain btw. Both are pretty, but I'd go with voline ostrich first- dreamy combo!

ValleyO

O.G.
Mar 18, 2006
CA
Both are drop-dead STUNNING and I'd have a hard time choosing myself, but ultimately I think it'd be close to impossible to pass on the ostrich.