Violette Vernis Being Discontinued?

Kitsunegrl

Fill the Giant Pig!
O.G.
Nov 7, 2006
I saw on another thread that LV is releasing two Vernis bags next month, the Bel Air and Rodeo. Both of them are going to come in Amarante and Pomme.
Do you think this is a signal that Violette will be discontinued before Amarante and Pomme?

I don't know, but if it's true that these new vernis bags are to be released I'd love to see them. Does anyone have pics?

i saw a pic of the Rodeo Dr in the lookbook. It is similar to the Sunset Blvd but it's "taller" so it's more square. I think it's around $1000. when i looked the lookbook didn't have a pic of the other one (bel air) yet.

I saw the pics in the Reference Section, F/W PICS only thread. Should be the last page.
I'm trying to decide if I like the Violette enough to try to snag a SLG before time runs out. I am so irritated that LV did not make a regular cles in the Violette!

i saw Bel Air in LV lookbook, it also similar to the sunset boulevard, the width is shorter but the height is longer, and it comes with the long chain, so basically you can use it as a sling bag

Thank god I got an SLG in this color. Glad to see Pomme is sticking around though, I need an SLG in Pomme!! Oh, and I totally cannot wait to see these new bags. Although I'm a bit disappointed that they're both too similar to the Sunset Blvd. :hrmm: OH well. What am I saying? I'll wait until they release more pics of it.

I heard when Violette, Pomme and Amarante were first released that Violette was a limited color and would only be available for a short time...It's a lovely color.

I never evenh noticed that usually vernis colours (and epi) are about a 6 month run then if popular are extended. Pomme was definately extended, if Violette is following the 6 month rule it was released feb which means september is the last month for production. Perhaps you should grab the violette while you can

Oh no! Could anybody confirm if violette is going to be discontinued after september? I was planning to get the pochette wallet & the keyholder in violette but in next year...

One of the new clutches looks like the old Thompson Street with a different handle. Looking forward to seeing IRL.

The SA confirmed Pomme & Amarante will be around for a while & she did say the Violette will be discontinued, but not sure if she meant now already, or later. Guess now, although the Zippy Coin Purse & the Zippy Organizer are in Violette also. Maybe the color was discontinued in bags, but kept around for SLGs?

This sucks..I was hoping to get something in Violette at the end of this year. Hopefully it'll still be around.

I guess it explains why some bags and SLGs are not made in Violette.