Violet Paraty?

baglady39

L E G A C Y
O.G.
Sep 15, 2007
Hi everyone!

I'm new to this subforum (or mostly a lurker here), so I apologize in advance for my "Chloe ignorance". :biggrin: I don't have a huge collection of Chloe, but I do have a few, and it's a brand I love!!

So, I really love the Paraty and have the violet color on hold ATM. I received a photo of the bag, but I am a bit hesitant because of the red sealant?? Seriously, red??? :s It doesn't look bad in the photo, but I was just surprised. I also want to make certain I really understand what the violet color looks like IRL before purchasing (I'm doing a phone order).

I was unable to dig up a sample here on the forum in the "violet" color, but did find a reveal thread for "purple"? It kind of looks the same to me...can someone verify, or have additional pics for this color?? Here is the thread:

http://forum.purseblog.com/chloe/purple-paraty-pics-448136.html

I keep going back and forth on this, and I need to decide! :sweatdrop: I only have one other Paraty in the lg. chocolate, and I love colors.... so as long as it's not a brownish purple IRL, we're good to go on that!!

TIA for any help!!

I am deciding on this one too!

I love 6-7 hours away from Woodbury but I was there a quicky couple of days ago..

Saw the Paraty..and it had a lot of red undertones. I more wanna call it red than Violet..that's why I cant really decide if I want it or not..Because I don't do red bags..

^^Thanks for your response!! Yeah, this is where I'm getting it from! I have that and a tangerine Paddy on sale, and honestly, I am thinking about buying another expensive bag, so I was trying to choose between the two!

Did you find the red sealant popped on the bag? THis bugs me a bit, but I guess if it's a reddish tone to begin with, that's why they did it. The photos I was sent do make the bag look red, so that's why I wanted to make sure.

I was at Woodbury a couple of weeks or so ago, so I didn't really want to go back there, but I guess I have no excuse at just 2 hours away! :P

I'm going to attach the photos I was sent... Is this realistic?? Of course I can't account for my monitor differences.

Attachments

• PURPLE.JPG
    PURPLE.JPG
    116.7 KB · Views: 259
Haha..If I could I woul go back. I love the Paraty and would love a real purple..but this is nowhere purple to me, honestly. The color is gorgeous and I might end up with one, but for me, it's not purple. It's a berry color.

Yeah, the red did pop. But to each their own.

The bag is still gorgeous but it's def redish!

LOL, ok, at least I have a better idea! I was surprised about the red I was seeing, so I asked for another photo, lol! I wish I could get up there before T-giving! Thank you SO much for your help, though!! I feel better knowing that you have seen it IRL.

The colour of the bag in your photo is what Chloe call 'Pinkberry' and does have the red inking along the edges. I have a Purple Paraty ( see pic below) but that definitely has a brown hue to it. It sounds like the colour you're describing is what Chloe call 'Lavender' ( that has a blue hue to it). I've seen a different style of Paraty in that colour ( the open top large tote) but I don't remember seeing anywhere in the original Paraty style. Hope this info helps a bit :smile:.

Attachments

• Paraty Shoulder web.jpg
    Paraty Shoulder web.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 208
^^Thanks very much for your help! Yours is GORGEOUS!!! I also love that purple, but I guess I'm looking for a true purple So, the photo of the one from Woodbury Commons looks pink berry? Or the one in the thread? I did see the lavendar tote, and that's a pretty color, but I thought it was a bit blue. The attached pic of the purple bag is actually the shade I'm really looking for or prefer from darker purples. I know I've seen a similar shade in a Bay. I also like lighter purple shades (and true lavendars) as well, but I guess I'm trying to minimize the plum (reddish) tones. Not that other plum shades aren't gorgeous, though, and I would buy 50 million purple shades if I could...it's one of my fav colors!! :P

Attachments

• 14613_svpx_a0.jpg
    14613_svpx_a0.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 137
The photo in your attachment is the Pinkberry. I wonder if the purple colour you've seen on a quilted Bay is the one Chloe call 'Pigalle' ? If you check out the 'All About The Bay' reference strand, you'll be able to see a few Pigalle Bays ( one of which was mine and has now been re-homed - I've also got a thing about purple bags !). I definitely don't remember seeing a Paraty in this shade.

The colour of the bag in your last post does look very close to the tone of my Purple Paraty actually ( mine is possibly just a smidgen darker). I guess the best thing to do is try and check these shades out IRL ideally or have a look at them on the Chloe website.