Vintage?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Are there pros to owning vintage Chanel?

I am just learning about the brand and see some authenticated vintage bags on Ebay. I was wondering the pros to buying vintage vs. spending more and buying new?

Please forgive me if this is posted in the wrong place, I am new here!

2. I think it's personal choice really. I prefer older/vintage Chanel flaps & totes to new. One, I think the quality of new has gone downhill versus old. Chanel used to be made to last a lifetime. You can search this forum and read for yourself. I also prefer the different patterns of stitching (chevron, lines, diagonal) of pre-karl Chanel and, lastly, love the huge CC on the classic flap.

What I like about new? the colors. Otherwise I'm happy buying vintage/older Chanels.

3. ^^^I agree about the colors--the new ones for Spring sound amazing!

I have a few older bags, and they are still in great shape--even the lambskin!

The best thing about vintage, especially now, is the price!

4. ^^

I agree. And besides being cheaper, I just like some of the vintage styles more than the newer styles.

I also like the fact that most of my vintage style bags aren't available anymore nowadays and therefore are pretty unique and rare pieces to own.

5. Vintage bags have a history. They were loved by someone else and, if you get one, it's now yours to love.....

6. 1st of all, the price LOL
    and i happen to like a lot of the old models