vintage velvet coat - where and how to wear?

1. The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2019 Early Access is now open to Nordstrom card members! Please support TPF by using this link before shopping the sale. We're also giving away eight $200 gift cards to 8 lucky TPFers during the duration of the NAS! Find out more...
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I saw this cute black velvet coat yesterday at a consignment shop. It was above the knee length. It fit me nicely and looked cute. Price was very reasonable. I don't have much use for eveniong wear; I considered getting it to wear with jeans but decided not get it because it had shorter sleeves (just below elbow) so it wouldn't really give you much warmth for outdoor wear...
    Now I'm thinking should I go get it?
    suggestions?

2. Well, I see you live in San Diego so the weather may not be an issue. Do you dress up a lot for work? Without seeing a pic, it sounds almost "Mad Men/60's era/Jackie O style. I would probably pair it with a dark, high waist pencil skirt, short sleeve dress short/blouse, high heels, a multi strand or super chunky pearl necklace (a modern twist on a classic) and a structured (probably framed) handbag.

3. ^^Also, I have seen a lot of knee length coats w/ shorter sleeves which are worn over some type of dress attire and belted (over the coat). I think it looks really chic.

4. jeans, white buttoned down shirt, i would buy it!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice