Vintage suitcases

annie.

O.G.
Jun 26, 2009
image.jpeg

Could you give me some advice about vintage suitcases? I would like to purchase one just for decoration purpose so condition doesn't need to be that good (is this model called brevete?). What would be a good price range? Some tips how to identify a fake one or am I pretty safe as this one is quite worn and obviously an old piece? I know very little about suitcases and google didn't help much so everything you can tell me is appreciated, thanks :smile:

Reactions: j19 and Kidclarke
View attachment 3561510

Could you give me some advice about vintage suitcases? I would like to purchase one just for decoration purpose so condition doesn't need to be that good (is this model called brevete?). What would be a good price range? Some tips how to identify a fake one or am I pretty safe as this one is quite worn and obviously an old piece? I know very little about suitcases and google didn't help much so everything you can tell me is appreciated, thanks :smile:
Some people ask astronomical prices for these but there are many of them around - they were produced in large numbers in the 1970s. Don't spend more than $100-$150

Reactions: annie.
Some people ask astronomical prices for these but there are many of them around - they were produced in large numbers in the 1970s. Don't spend more than $100-$150

Thanks for the input! I had no clue one could get one such a low price. Do you know any good places to search? Everywhere I looked they are $250-$1000.

Thanks for the input! I had no clue one could get one such a low price. Do you know any good places to search? Everywhere I looked they are $250-$1000.
Look on eBay in "sold items" and you will see what these actually sell for (as compared to asking price). You will see several in comparable condition to the one you posted above selling for under $200. Some of these, in excellent condition bring $300-$500.

The best way to score these cheaper is to look locally as many people are uneasy about shipping such large items. Look in local antique stores. Good luck!