Vintage Speedy25 or new Pochette nm?

May 19, 2013
So, I dediced I should get something small (not expensive but nice though) for myself for a little treat. I'm thinking about DE pochette nm new from boutique or mono Speedy25 preloved in good vintage condition (patina should be quite strong for me to be able to use that bag without staining it).

I don't have either Speedy or pochette. What should I get? Tia!

Well it depends what you already have. Do you own any speedys/bags? Pochettes are nice to have to run around doing errands, if you need to go to classes and just carry a couple things. A speedy is a wonderful addition if you currently don't have any handheld purses. Just make sure to get it authenticated on TPF and read the descriptions! Make sure no smells, tears, etc...

Good luck!

Well it depends what you already have. Do you own any speedys/bags? Pochettes are nice to have to run around doing errands, if you need to go to classes and just carry a couple things. A speedy is a wonderful addition if you currently don't have any handheld purses. Just make sure to get it authenticated on TPF and read the descriptions! Make sure no smells, tears, etc...

Good luck!

From Lv I don't own any handhelds, more like small shoulderbags, so Speedy could be a great choice. Yes, I have bought preloved bags before so I know the process with authenticating so I could buy a preloved safely! Thanx for your answer!

If budget is the primary constraint (a new DE Pochette Accessoires NM is USD$500 at the boutique, and assuming you'd spend approximately the same amount on a used Speedy with "strong" patina), I'd go with fresh and new from the boutique and purchase the Pochette Accesoires NM. I've successfully purchased preloved but I personally only buy preloved in excellent or like-new condition at this point. I'd rather have something new, fresh and clean but that's just me!

Like katiel00 suggested, consider how much you plan to carry in the bag because these two options are quite different IMO. If you like the Speedy, go for that one; it's roomier.

Good luck with whatever you decide!

I have a DE pochette ( not NM size) that I use more than my DE speedy. The pochette goes with everything. You can carry it like a clutch, a handheld, or wear it over the shoulder. Speedy is limited to handheld. I only used my speedy when going out to dinner or someplace fancy which means it doesn't get use enough. I just love the carefree style of the pochette. I bought one of those gold chain from eBay and it has become my everyday bag. Throw it over my shoulder and out the door I go. In addition, it prevents me from carrying more than what's allow so it's good for my shoulder.

I don't know why I like the look of vintage Speedy in mono so much!! And also, here where I live it rains water and snow most of the year, thats why I would like strong and even patina on my bag. Are there many vintage Speedy fans? Also I want my bag to be clean and not broken.

Get the pochette. I have the older style pochette and a speedy 25. I have been getting much more use out if the pochette lately, because it is so very versatile. It fits inside larger bags, is perfect for errands or nights out, and it can be dressed up or down.

So, I dediced I should get something small (not expensive but nice though) for myself for a little treat. I'm thinking about DE pochette nm new from boutique or mono Speedy25 preloved in good vintage condition (patina should be quite strong for me to be able to use that bag without staining it).

I don't have either Speedy or pochette. What should I get? Tia!

Bought all my LVs new but when it comes to Speedy mono I went for preloved. Reason: the canvas is thicker, and I think older LVs were made with great quality and I love the look of it patina'd but not too dark. And she's been my favorite bag Eversince!😍 ImageUploadedByPurseForum1406422740.179118.jpg Bought her last year and she's 9 years old. I just cleaned her last week and that's the latest photo.