Vintage Reveal - and a question to vintage LV experts

julie32

Sep 23, 2014
Hello everybody,

I am back with a new reveal, and I hereby announce that I am off to ban island until Christmas LOL!

I saw this vintage LV on the instagram pic of a reknown vintage LV reseller, and it was instant love! So I just had to get her: LV Jeune Fille MM in Monogramme Canvas!

Overall she is in a good condition with a nice light patina and undamaged Canvas.

But she hat one problem that seems to be quite common with this type of bag: the coating of the inner pocket and to some extend in the front pocket seem to come off and is really sticky, so that things you stuff inside will get stained.

Does any of you ladies (or gentlemen) know something I can do about that? I would be thankful for any tip!20170719_184624-864x864.jpg20170719_184630-864x864.jpg20170719_184641-864x864.jpg20170719_184646-864x864.jpg

Congratulations on your new bag! It looks to be in great shape! [emoji2]
There is a lot of advice available in the LV Rescue Club regarding the inner pocket lining. I would suggest that you also stop by your local LV and see if they can reline the pocket for you and what the cost might be.
Thank you for the tip! I am already researching that thread! Unfortunately I will not be able to stop by on short notice as I would drive about 4 hours - one way! But I am sure I will find something helpful! And if not-I guess I will keep it anyway as I just love it so much and it might be hard to find one with intact inner pocket and such a great Vachetta! Then I will just use the main compartment LOL!

Reactions: fabuleux
Thank you for the tip! I am already researching that thread! Unfortunately I will not be able to stop by on short notice as I would drive about 4 hours - one way! But I am sure I will find something helpful! And if not-I guess I will keep it anyway as I just love it so much and it might be hard to find one with intact inner pocket and such a great Vachetta! Then I will just use the main compartment LOL!

I haven't looked in the LV Rescue club, but I do remember seeing some DIY fixes on youtube! Maybe check there too.

Reactions: julie32
Congratulations! Gorgeous patina!
Thank you! That is especially fascinating as I just found out that the bag is already 27 years old (Jan 1990)! Holy Moly! Hope my DA Delightful will be in such good shape then!

The patina is one of the main reasons I was so anxious to get this bag! You often find this bag with much darker or stained vachetta. Here there are only a few smaller stains on the back, probably spots from the coating of the back pocket. I will carefully try to get that off this weekend!

I did watch a YouTube about remove the sticky lining with acetone. It leaves an uncoated fabric behind. I did it on an old Epi Leather French Purse. I ended up ruining the card slots, as I had no idea the lining was glued into them. But on the paper money slot, it did work. It was a red epi, so the lining was black. It wasn't pretty when done, but it wasn't sticky.

Check YouTube for "Remove Stick Linking of Louis Vuitton" or something like that.

BUT, always start with a very small area and be certain you like the results. That is all I have done, I am not sure if you will lose any of the structure of the bag. Also, be VERY careful of the acetone around vachetta. I speak from experience on a Coach purse rehab that you can completely change the finish on the leather.

I did watch a YouTube about remove the sticky lining with acetone. It leaves an uncoated fabric behind. I did it on an old Epi Leather French Purse. I ended up ruining the card slots, as I had no idea the lining was glued into them. But on the paper money slot, it did work. It was a red epi, so the lining was black. It wasn't pretty when done, but it wasn't sticky.

Check YouTube for "Remove Stick Linking of Louis Vuitton" or something like that.

BUT, always start with a very small area and be certain you like the results. That is all I have done, I am not sure if you will lose any of the structure of the bag. Also, be VERY careful of the acetone around vachetta. I speak from experience on a Coach purse rehab that you can completely change the finish on the leather.
Thank you very much for the tip! I will get me some acetone and then will really take my time with it on the weekend. I am not really worried about the Structure of the bag as the main compartment is in great shape an it is really just the inner pocket and the small front and back slip pocket that need some treatment. So I am pretty positive ist will keep up nicely. Anyway I will start with the inner zip pocket and see if I like the result. I case I do not like it I will just leave the rest an just use the main Compartment as I would probably do now anyway! Will post some pics when I have a result.

One question: from what I learned in the Video, I do not have to worry too much about the monogramme canvas if I keep whiping it with baby whipes, right? Anyways, I will use Q Tips and try to keep away from it LOL! Sooo excited for this little Project!

This bag looks TERRIFIC on you! Congrats!
Thank you do much! I already love it so much! Normally I am not the Monogramme Canvas Type of girl as this one really scream LV, which is normally not my piece of cake (I love the Damiers though), but when I saw this bag I found it somehow so charming I just had to get it!

I took the sticky lining out of mine. There is a tutorial on YouTube. Little Mamma's House. She has a couple of videos about sticky linings.
Thank you for the tip! I found her Videos and I will definitely buy baby whipes and Acetone tonight and then take my time with this on the weekend. Also inspired me to give the hardware a nice touch up!

Thank you very much for the tip! I will get me some acetone and then will really take my time with it on the weekend. I am not really worried about the Structure of the bag as the main compartment is in great shape an it is really just the inner pocket and the small front and back slip pocket that need some treatment. So I am pretty positive ist will keep up nicely. Anyway I will start with the inner zip pocket and see if I like the result. I case I do not like it I will just leave the rest an just use the main Compartment as I would probably do now anyway! Will post some pics when I have a result.

One question: from what I learned in the Video, I do not have to worry too much about the monogramme canvas if I keep whiping it with baby whipes, right? Anyways, I will use Q Tips and try to keep away from it LOL! Sooo excited for this little Project!

The video I watched said the same about the canvas and the acetone. I am FAR from expert. I worked on an Epi piece. That's my only experience with this process. Go slow and watch close is my advice to you. Good luck!