Vintage PRADA bag...

yeah same here, i have a strong feeling that it might be fake. i went to check my prada's and noticed that the 3 little things (i don't know what to call it) at the 3 corners of the emblem have holes and yours is just a flat piece. so i am not sure if that is because yours is vintage so the emblem might be different. my oldest Prada is 10 years old and it's emblem looks different from yours.

Cupcake_flake..no good notice for me!!It's more difficult then I thought!!I'll go in the store...hoping that there will be someone very expert to authenticate a vintage bag!!!Thanks everybody!! I' ll wait other opinions!!
PS:Epur I can't see the difference between my bag's "r" and the other bags "r"...

Prada has not been totally consistent over the years in terms of font, so a vintage bag can look very different in terms of that. However, I did look at the photos again--or tried to--is that a black plaque on a brown bag (the photos keep jumping around as they expand so I'm not sure)? If that is the case, that WOULD be a sign of a fake. Prada plaque colors (exterior plaque) always match the color of the bag.

Reactions: ntthao
Hi everyone, i'm a newbie here in purse forum and i've recently started collecting vintage bags ever since my mom gave her vintage bags. so far i have knowledge in LV, COACH and GUCCI. But i really like this Prada bag that i saw from ebay philippines and i was wondering if you can help me identify if it's authentic since i don't know the name of the bag. here's the link.

http://cgi.ebay.ph/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...383052&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_1175wt_966

and another one

http://cgi.ebay.ph/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220508339118&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_679wt_966

I hope you guys can put your insight on this. thank you :biggrin:

It's probably better to leave this to the experts, and susan-eric does have a point with the colour of the plate and bag difference... but I can say for sure that Prada has changed its font at least once over the years - I have an authentic(ated) vintage bag (15-20 years old) where the the R isn't indented either; that seems to be a feature they added later to discourage fakers.
About the interior zipper, yes it looks odd, but mine looks the same so I guess that's just a feature of older Prada nylon bags... *shrugs*

I would like to know this too! I just got a gift from a family friend.. it's a quilted nylon prada bag with gold chain/leather intertwined straps (like the Chanel ones). It's probably at least 10-20 years old or more I'm guessing.. I can't find a serial number in it either.

(modema I hope you don't mind me hijacking your thread.. :sweatdrop: I was going to start a new one asking the same question but then I saw yours!)

The gold rings are stamped PRADA, the lining also says PRADA, and the snap button that closes the bag is stamped "FIOCCHI ITALY".
The inside metal plate reads:
PRADA
MILANO
MADE IN ITALY​

Please let me know your opinions.. thanks! :smile:
this is a Vintage 80s Prada Chain Quilted Bag,
rare,yes,Prada didn't put label with # until the late 80's.
the lining should have tight seams, meaning stiff and small stitching.
Suppose to be a runway item from the 90's but Prada made it in the late 80's.
hope this helps.:yahoo:

Reactions: Dal Sansano
Hi I need help identifying model or name of this prada bag. Does anyone know? Will be a big help. Thank you! It’s also vintage btw.

Attachments

• C858FE33-6654-4C07-98BD-330D8B1C8788.jpeg
    C858FE33-6654-4C07-98BD-330D8B1C8788.jpeg
    177.1 KB · Views: 21
  • CC5A8B4F-9772-4C85-ABBF-465E5E63F887.jpeg
    CC5A8B4F-9772-4C85-ABBF-465E5E63F887.jpeg
    154.4 KB · Views: 22