Vintage Petit Bucket & Pouch with flaking lining...what to do?

bagaholicgirl

Sep 6, 2007
Hello and good morning to you all on this beautiful Monday. Hopefully your Monday is going well.

I have a vintage Petit LV bucket & pouch and the lining is flaking off. Is there a quick (and hopefully less expensive) way of cleaning this off without having to totally replace the lining?

Thank you so much!! I really appreciate your replies.

Jennifer

Apr 16, 2007
Hello bagaholicgirl!
It doesn't seem like anyone's online eh lol
Anywho, I have a petit bucket that is from the mid 90's. The lining was replaced very recently before I purchased her (probably because of the flaking).
I think this is the only remedy to this issue.:hrmm:
I'm not sure how much it costs to replace the lining, I think everyone was saying it depends on the boutique? So perhaps you should contact your local boutique and ask for a quote.
I hope this helps! :flowers:

runnymeadow

Feb 26, 2008
Hello and good morning to you all on this beautiful Monday. Hopefully your Monday is going well.

I have a vintage Petit LV bucket & pouch and the lining is flaking off. Is there a quick (and hopefully less expensive) way of cleaning this off without having to totally replace the lining?

Thank you so much!! I really appreciate your replies.

Jennifer

Hi Jennifer! The only way to clean it off short of having it re-lined at an LV store would be to scrape off the entire sticky vuittonite flaky lining. What remains is a beige cloth-like lining. If you scrape it off really well and wash the lining after, you'll end up with a cloth lining that looks like a beige cheesecloth, which is quite usable. You get the same effect on the pouch except that the lining clings more to the pouch than to the bag.

This is a very common with the Petit Bucket and its pouch.

HTH