Vintage Monceau owners - question about opening

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I have a question about vintage Monceau bags, or any other bags that have the same latch opening.

Could you please tell me how to open the latch? And how easy/difficult is it to open and close the latch on the bag?

Do you find it difficult to close the bag unless the front pocket is full (hence you can press the latch in)?

TIA!!

2. You squeeze the two round knobs together to open and then just push it closed. It's a little bit of a pain but you get the hang of it. I think the lock is so pretty its worth it.
    Its the same whether full or empty for me since it is a very ridged bag.
    Are you considering buying one? I really like mine its very well made and very elegant I think.

3. I have the pochette metis. I squeeze/press the two nubs towards each other to open it.
    I haven't had any problems with locking or unlocking.
    It takes me as much time as it would to zip a speedy.

I hope this answers your questions.

4. those "bottoms" are really easy to work in most times
    if the canvas has soften you might find yourself pressing it abit in
    but I think it might be the lock machanism

5. Thank you very much for your response and sharing your experience!! Yes, I am thinking about getting a vintage Monceau. I think it is very elegant, too!

Because Monceau does not have an exterior pocket, do you find it a pain to have to go through the latch opening everty time you need to access your essentials like your phone and keys?

Thanks again!

6. i have a monceau and its really hassle free. its roomy enough without being a blackhole so finding my hp or keys is easy peasy.