Vintage Minis... 7 in vs 8 in

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. #1 Jul 7, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2016
    image.png image.png hi Ladies- so all the reading has now made me convinced I need to add a mini to my Chanel family, which currently consists of:
    Vintage XL maxi black with GHW
    Caviar Jumbo black with GHW
    227 Reissue Navy with RHW
    226 Reissue Black with RHW
    226 Reissue Metallic Plum with SHW.

I love the vintage look and am trying to decide between the 7 inch which has the larger gold C's and the 8 inch. Pictures attached.

Is there really much difference size wise between the two? In other words, can they hold the same amount? I would like for it to hold my iPhone 6, a small wallet, and keys at the least.

Also, there is part of me that maybe the gold is too flashy for a mini bag? And maybe I should look for one in silver?

Anyone regret their mini purchase?

Trying to decide if I really "need" a mini or if I have just drank too much of the Chanel Kool-Aid lately . Any/all advice would be greatly appreciated as well as modeling pics :smile:. Thanks!!

The first photo is the 8 inch, the second is the 7 inch...

2. I love the 7 inches one because the CC is proportional to the bag whereas it looks smaller on the 8 inches one

traumamama and ccbaggirl89 like this.
  3. Excellent point. Good eye

traumamama likes this.
  4. i had a vintage 7" mini and even though i had a 5" phone the phone was forced in there along the back wall or had to placed diagonally. so i would say every single inch matters w/the mini. i sold it, too small and frustrating for my personal tastes. and all i could fit was the phone, keys, a compact, and a lipstick. mine had gold hardware, it felt elegant and i wore it for evening shows and events, it never felt flashy.

traumamama likes this.
  5. That's what I was worried about... I prefer the look of the 7 inch, but was concerned that every inch counts!

6. what about a rectangular mini? those hold more than the square

7. I was leaning towards the square ones since the shape is so different from other bags I have, but you have a good point!

8. I wouldn't consider the other one a mini. It's a small flap.
    There is another mini style with that same vintage clasp that is 7 inches, which is a mini, but that one is just small...
    They morphed this one into the 9 inch classic medium-small.
    So if you are looking for a mini you should get the mini...

traumamama likes this.