"Vintage" LV

Hi guys, just something I noted while surfing eBay today...it seems like there are a lot of bags advertised as vintage LVs with beautiful, convincing patinas that are totally FAKE. There's at least one seller with gobs of "vintage" bags listed. Just warning you because I have the tendency to assume that vintage bags are probably real - I mean, they show use, who would go through the trouble to simulate use? Apparently lots of people :evil:

Maybe we can make a sticky (I am new so I don't know if there is one) and have people list eBay sellers that sell fake stuff!!!:evil:
I think there is a sticky for sellers that sell authentic bags and accessories, so maybe we can have both!:idea:

There are.. but a lot of fake bags are made with the same material - the untreated leather. I think the fake speedies are especially sketchy, I see so many of them around, so disappointing !

I stay away from eBay for LV. I got burned too many times. The most recent was a bate and switch. The photo was real, and the bag I received was a fake! Always use a credit card for payment if you fall prey to an irresistable urge to buy off eBay. I don't like knocking online resellers because I sell online myself, but eBay really needs to clean up their act. They sell more fakes than any other public venue online (oops! sorry....they are probably the ONLY big public venue online! ) huh! Anyway, I'd love to join this group's mission to remove fakes from all online stores. How can we do it? Is there a way to list all the websites that sell fakes? Is that legal? I'm very curious. But I'm very sick and tired of all the fakes being sold online.

3monkeys said:
For something to be called vintage is has to be at least 20 years old.

OT, antique has to be at least 100 years old

Yes and no. In a perfect world where everyone plays by the rules, 20 = vintage and 100 = antique BUT that no longer holds true ANYWHERE. Now, "vintage" is used to mean anything from "not new" to "not this season's" to something from a different style period. As for "antique", I'm 38 ans was labeled as such by a snotty little 16 yr old just last week!