Vintage LV Repair Success

barneybag

Sep 15, 2021
After approximately five months, I've finally received my Louis Vuitton repair! It was my first time going through the repair process and despite the lengthy wait time, I am incredibly pleased with the results.

As you can see below - the handles were in serious need of TLC and no amount of leather conditioner was going to bring them back to life. The chapes and zipper pull were also veryyy well loved and due for replacement. I brought the bag into the store and after my SA looked over its condition, she informed me that the repair team may not accept the repair since it's vintage piece and the parts may be unavailable. We sent off my bitty bag to the Care Center with detailed comments and lots of good vibes for a fix. Luckily, the repair was accepted.

Now it's like a have a brand new bag!! :flowers: Behold my new and improved vintage Mini Sac HL Speedy!
Before and After:
FD94160A-9121-4D89-8B7E-E6CD536007EE.JPEG
Thanks for reading! LV love forever!

Cheers,
barneybag

After approximately five months, I've finally received my Louis Vuitton repair! It was my first time going through the repair process and despite the lengthy wait time, I am incredibly pleased with the results.

As you can see below - the handles were in serious need of TLC and no amount of leather conditioner was going to bring them back to life. The chapes and zipper pull were also veryyy well loved and due for replacement. I brought the bag into the store and after my SA looked over its condition, she informed me that the repair team may not accept the repair since it's vintage piece and the parts may be unavailable. We sent off my bitty bag to the Care Center with detailed comments and lots of good vibes for a fix. Luckily, the repair was accepted.

Now it's like a have a brand new bag!! :flowers: Behold my new and improved vintage Mini Sac HL Speedy!
Before and After:
View attachment 5426926

Cheers,
barneybag
Now, if it was folded flat, the bag would look spanking new! Congrats!! How much did they charge you for the repair? I have two of this bag and now i am interested in fixing one of them. It looks gorgeous! You must be so pleased.❤️❤️❤️

Now, if it was folded flat, the bag would look spanking new! Congrats!! How much did they charge you for the repair? I have two of this bag and now i am interested in fixing one of them. It looks gorgeous! You must be so pleased.❤❤❤
:yes:If you can, bring in your bag for an initial assessment and see what you're quoted. You can ask to see all the estimated charges before sending in your items!
I'm super impressed with the quality of the repair! If I didn't end up with the charges being waived (see comment #6), I still would've been a satisfied customer since I basically have a brand-new bag now!! It's like the mini HL restarted its life!

Before and After:
View attachment 5426926

Cheers,
barneybag

It looks like a brand new fresh bag. Congrats. It's a great feeling being able to give a vintage item a new life !! I am patiently waiting on mine....4 months so far

Hi everyone! I'm looking into getting the a preloved Montsouris GM Backpack and was wondering if the canvas interior lining can be one of the items replaced/repair? Just in case I can't get any old stains or odor out of the bag.