Vintage Luggage Reveal!

Tryster0

Dec 28, 2016
I had my heart set on a new Keepall, but I decided to stop into my local consignment shop before I pulled the trigger. I saw this Alize 55 behind the SA and it just immediately drew me in. Part of what I found amazing is that for a bag made literally one year after I was born, it was still completely solid except for some wear and tear. I'm used to having cheap bags for school that fell apart after a year, so this is completely foreign to me. I'm going to use it for a trip coming up at the end of the month to break it in. c:
View media item 2722View media item 2721View media item 2720

I had my heart set on a new Keepall, but I decided to stop into my local consignment shop before I pulled the trigger. I saw this Alize 55 behind the SA and it just immediately drew me in. Part of what I found amazing is that for a bag made literally one year after I was born, it was still completely solid except for some wear and tear. I'm used to having cheap bags for school that fell apart after a year, so this is completely foreign to me. I'm going to use it for a trip coming up at the end of the month to break it in. c:
View media item 2722View media item 2721View media item 2720
Congratulations on your beautiful find! It really is an odd concept, when you stop and think about it, to have a bag that's been around for so long.

Congratulations on your beautiful find! It really is an odd concept, when you stop and think about it, to have a bag that's been around for so long.
It is, especially knowing how long I could potentially use it for. From what i hear on this forum, old LV bags are pretty robust (given that they're maintained well) and I hope to prove that myself. I have a bit of work to do on this bag, mostly water spots on the vachetta and some white scratches on the canvas. I'm gonna see what other people recommend for fixing these.