Vintage Louis Vuitton Montsouris GM

Does anyone have this? Is it worth it? Reviews please :smile: Thanks!
Presume you're looking to buy the old style as pre-loved from your post title. I used to have one, although mine was a special order in damier ebene. It was a great backpack although the fastening could be a faff. As for whether it is worth it, depends on price and condition and what you're prepared to pay for one.

Reactions: Antigone
Presume you're looking to buy the old style as pre-loved from your post title. I used to have one, although mine was a special order in damier ebene. It was a great backpack although the fastening could be a faff. As for whether it is worth it, depends on price and condition and what you're prepared to pay for one.

Hi yes, it's the old style GM one. I won one an eBay for $483. Still waiting for delivery but wondering if it's a good backpack.

All depends on you and what you want to use it for in all honesty. What's good and useful for one person can be useless to the next. It worked well for me for the time I had mine.

Thanks! I'm a backpack girl so I'm hoping I will get a lot of use out of it. :smile:

Kinda apprehensive because it's a whole block of monogram. :smile:

It's grreeat! I absolutely LVoe mine (using it today actually). I want to get another one in Damier Ebene. I get compliments all the time, but ironically mostly from guys. It's very well made. I have the Bosphore also and I think the Montsouris GM is much better.

Yay!!! I don't like all-over prints but for some reason, on a backpack it looks alright for me. Where will you get the Damier Ebene?

i really like the original montsouris backpacks. i have had the gm and really liked it. my fav is actually the pm/mini because it has the leather grab handle. i bought one preloved a couple of years ago and really like it a lot. it's so well made. the mm is also nice but i don't love the brass ring. i think all 3 sizes of montsouris are actually superior to other lv backpacks because the leather bottom, altho it can stain, makes it sturdier and more substantial looking, more finished. jmho

Reactions: Antigone
i think all 3 sizes of montsouris are actually superior to other lv backpacks because the leather bottom, altho it can stain, makes it sturdier and more substantial looking, more finished. jmho

I actually really like that about the Montsouris. :smile: I checked the new bags and I don't like them, they look flimsy

i really like the original montsouris backpacks. i have had the gm and really liked it. my fav is actually the pm/mini because it has the leather grab handle. i bought one preloved a couple of years ago and really like it a lot. it's so well made. the mm is also nice but i don't love the brass ring. i think all 3 sizes of montsouris are actually superior to other lv backpacks because the leather bottom, altho it can stain, makes it sturdier and more substantial looking, more finished. jmho

I agree with all of this! I own both the gm and pm/mini versions of the vintage montsouris. Both are incredibly well made and definitely worth buying if you can find them! The montsouris GM fits a ton of stuff--almost as much as my neverfull GM but without the shoulder strain.