Vintage Louis Vuitton Monceau

1. Hey Guys,
    I just bought an LV Monceau on eBay for a really good price!
    I am really looking forward to it.
    Before I bought it, I checked everywhere and could barely find any informations about it, even here! Does one of you has one? Or can you give me some details about it?

2. I have one! What are you looking to know?

bag345addict likes this.
  3. It was a very popular bag in the 1990s.

bag345addict likes this.
  4. I really like the monceau, the Pochette Metis reminds me of a modern reinterpretation of it.

5. That’s exactly what it is.

6. Your thoughts on it, maybe a few photos?
    Basically everything you can tell me

7. How much did you get it for?

bag345addict likes this.
  8. 500€ with dustbag, keys and shoulderstrap in a perfect condition

Antigone likes this.
  9. Wow that's a steal!

bag345addict likes this.
  10. A lot of used ones have a sticky pocket making the inside zip useless. A lot of used bags are missing the keys which is not that big of a deal because you can order them from LV if it matters. It's a very sturdy well made bag. 20150510_084547-1.jpeg

11. Size comparison with PM 20161023_141237.jpeg

12. Oh I didn't you coule order the key again! That's good to know! Do they still replace a sticky pocket?
    What are you using it mostly for?

13. I don't know if they repair the pockets. I've never needed a repair on my bag. It usually happens in humid climates. Maybe yours won't have that problem.

bag345addict likes this.
  14. Your Monceau looks richly fabulous. What products do you use on it? I wore my Epi Monceau to a business conference this week and she was quite a beacon. I don't get too much attention when I wear my Mono PM but my Reverse PM draws quite a bit .
    Those who aren't LVoers may think it's fake and those in the know are wondering how did I snag one.

bag345addict likes this.
  15. @bag345addict - I removed the sticky in my pocket down to the soft grey flannel interlining. Although the grey fabric is surprisingly resilient, I don't plan to use the pocket. However if I do inadvertently put something in the pocket there's no risk of the item getting damaged.
    [

Monceau Epi1.jpg Monceau Epi2.jpg

bag345addict likes this.