Vintage Lambskin Mini

mgoch

Oct 19, 2021
Hi all-
I'm really wanting to buy a mini and I understand that the caviar in classic colors is not currently being produced. I have seen some vintage ones on resale sites which look great. The thing is- I would want to take it with me on my trip to London and the weather there is very rainy. Is that just out of the question for the lambskin especially on a vintage model? TIA!!

MillStream

O.G.
May 15, 2006
A Lambskin Mini is not the bag to choose for carefree use in London, regardless of whether it's new or vintage. Would you consider a Chanel Lambskin WOC (Wallet-on-a-Chain) instead? You can easily wear it under a jacket or coat in inclement weather and it lays flat. It's a great travel bag and goes easily from day to night, especially if you tuck the shoulder strap in and carry it as a clutch in the evening.

mgoch

Oct 19, 2021
A Lambskin Mini is not the bag to choose for carefree use in London, regardless of whether it's new or vintage. Would you consider a Chanel Lambskin WOC (Wallet-on-a-Chain) instead? You can easily wear it under a jacket or coat in inclement weather and it lays flat. It's a great travel bag and goes easily from day to night, especially if you tuck the shoulder strap in and carry it as a clutch in the evening.
Yes except I have a caviar woc! Okay thank you for your response! I really want a black mini but caviar seems the way to go and those are so expensive on the second hand market!

MillStream

O.G.
May 15, 2006
Then you're all set for your London trip, mgoch!

BTW, I have a Chanel SO Black Lambskin Rectangular Mini and love it. I actually sold my Chanel Black Caviar Rectangular Mini as soon as I snagged the Lambskin one. For me, the Caviar Mini was hardy and practical but not beautiful. The Lambskin Mini is elegant and luxurious, yet just as good with jeans as it is when I'm dressed up for "date night."