Vintage kelly without a date and craftsmen stamp??

Status
Not open for further replies.

pluplo

Jan 3, 2010
Does anybody know if it is possible that a vintage kelly ( more than 35 years old )
has no date and craftsmen stamp? this bag was purchased in Hermes shop in ST. Tropez.
I read in some posts that sometimes it can happen. Could you please advise?

It can happen if you want to trace down the exact age maybe we can help if post pictures of all HW including little feet and heat stamp. Best Darling and congrats on the vintage Kelly. Enjoy in the best of health !!!!

Hi OP,
I wouldn't worry about it. I have a thalassa blue box and vibrato bolide that does not have a date stamp or craftsman stamp and it is 100% authentic. If you search prior threads, you will see posts by numerous experts stating the same thing - authenticity is determined by the bag itself, not any stamp.

Please have a look at the fotos above, if it is needed I can make some more ;)
I hope that you can help to determine how old this bag is ;)
I had included a foto of the strap, I think it is quite old, the colour of this bag is dark blue and it is sellier.
Thank you all in advance for helping ;)

Thank you lala28 I just wonder how old this bag could be ;)

Hi OP,
I wouldn't worry about it. I have a thalassa blue box and vibrato bolide that does not have a date stamp or craftsman stamp and it is 100% authentic. If you search prior threads, you will see posts by numerous experts stating the same thing - authenticity is determined by the bag itself, not any stamp.

Thank you lala28 I just wonder how old this bag could be ;)

If you look at the Kelly rings by the handle, you can get a gist of the age. Older kellys have a single ring. Also, look at the zipper and zipper pull inside the bag. See if the zipper pull (the leather part) looks like a tassel or not, and whether the metal part is eclair or not.

My bolide is less than 10 years old so the age of the bag is not necessarily related to whether it does or does not have a date stamp. :smile:

Lala 28 zipper pll looks like a tassel, what does it say about the age?

If you look at the Kelly rings by the handle, you can get a gist of the age. Older kellys have a single ring. Also, look at the zipper and zipper pull inside the bag. See if the zipper pull (the leather part) looks like a tassel or not, and whether the metal part is eclair or not.

My bolide is less than 10 years old so the age of the bag is not necessarily related to whether it does or does not have a date stamp. :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.