Is this the leather you will like
Do these combo work for you
Are you happy with the price
Are you satisfied with the conditions vs age
Most important view it try it authenticate it
Before payment
If all the above are more yes
Get it

The Years of bags ....although I love vintage but never handle such aged bags.

I see :tup: I have bags form 1951 covering every decade including new. You should have no fear on that score, a well cared for vintage bag will live longer than most of us.

I don't know if you already have box leather but make sure you love it and understand it, granted it's not the carefree Togo/Clemence you may be used to if you are more used to newer bags. There are a few threads dedicated to box so have a read through. One of them is about box leather through the ages which may be of particular interest.

Dear papertiger,
Thanks for the info, I will check out those threads.
This is my first Kelly bag, so I really anxious about my decision. For me is an experience bag, but I can't resist how elegant is she.

Reactions: papertiger
I have a Rouge H box Kelly from 1980 in perfect condition, and one from 1952 that's still holding up really well (no cracks, no loose stitches). I don't know that you have to ask how the bag will age as it's already 36! The question is - is a box calf sellier Kelly for you? Read up on box calf and understand that it goes basically one of two ways - if you cannot stand marks and scratches you will have to baby this bag a LOT - if you can handle natural handling marks, scratches, etc., that blend into a patina, you're fine.

To me there is little in the world of H, or bags, that is more elegant than a sellier Kelly in box calf, particularly in rich colors like Rouge H, noir, Vert Foncé, with GHW. The tricolor box Kellys are one of my favorite production styles Hermès has ever done. You get a tricolor - which you cannot even order right now - there is usually beautiful contrast stitch - and the combinations are lovely. I would have bought one long ago if they were not usually 32s which are large on me. The price you are looking at is reasonably in line with market assuming the bag is in very good shape, especially since it has what looks to be its original strap.

If you love the bag, can handle box calf, have had it authenticated, and it's in great shape...go for it! These bags are stunning.

Sorry typo error...I mean is an expensive bag. I pay US5500 in order to own her.

I know prices are all relative, and it is a lot of money and I agree we should all be as studied and considered as you :tup: but IMO that's not a bad price ATM for a tri-colour box leather, Kelly Sellier. I'm not sure there will be many cheaper for like-for-like specs and in reasonable condition.

Of course be sure you want such a formal, classic bag that needs more than a little consideration