vintage in London

Pnill

Jan 1, 2011
Norway
I was inspired by the secondhand bargains-thread, and I was wondering if anybody knows any good vintage shops in London? I would love to find some bargains, so if anybody knows, please share :graucho:

Bags are most interesting, but every tip is highly appreciated :biggrin:

GirlieShoppe

HermesNewbie
O.G.
Jun 2, 2008
I was inspired by the secondhand bargains-thread, and I was wondering if anybody knows any good vintage shops in London? I would love to find some bargains, so if anybody knows, please share :graucho:

Bags are most interesting, but every tip is highly appreciated :biggrin:
Hi! Check out Christa Weil's books, Second Hand Chic and It's Vintage, Darling! She is a vintage clothing expert based in the UK (London, I think). Her books list several second hand stores. Second Hand Chic is especially informative. I've had my copy for almost 15 years and I refer to it often. She gives detailed information on brands/designers, fabric, shoes, accessories, etc -- a wealth of information!

Happy shopping!!

Hessefan

O.G.
Sep 14, 2009
I wouldn't count on finding vintage bargains in London! London has the most expensive vintage in the country, but try Portobello Market if you have time. I also have a friend who is a vintage stylist in London and may be able to help you. Go to www.vintagesecret.com and send her an email, she's very good and knows all the sellers and where you'd find the best deals.