Vintage Hermes bags - please share your pieces and experiences!

Saaski

Feb 25, 2020
Michigan
I've only recently started getting into Hermes but true to form (I started my handbag journey with vintage Coach, learning to rehab and restore), I'm super interested in the vintage pieces and leathers of such a heritage brand. I haven't seen any recent threads on the general topic, so I was hoping those of you with vintage pieces would be willing to share :flowers:

What items do you have, and from what time period? How have you found the leather to wear and age? Pictures? Yes please!

Saaski

Feb 25, 2020
Michigan

boopeep

Sep 4, 2015
She is vintage but absolutely perfect: my 1980 Ardennes Marron Fonce (I thought it was Ebene for a while, then Havane, but Paris just definitively declared this Marron Fonce). She's just been freshly spa-ed and had her hardware replaced to butterfly clasps, so that I can wear her shoulder style! As you can see, she's held up great for all her years, and spa has made her nearly new again!

IMG_0396[1].JPG

IMG_0396[1].JPG

Last edited:

Saaski

Feb 25, 2020
Michigan
She is vintage but absolutely perfect: my 1980 Ardennes Marron Fonce (I thought it was Ebene for a while, then Havane, but Paris just definitively declared this Marron Fonce). She's just been freshly spa-ed and had her hardware replaced to butterfly clasps, so that I can wear her shoulder style! As you can see, she's held up great for all her years, and spa has made her nearly new again!

View attachment 4904608

View attachment 4904608
Oh gorgeous! And so nice that you can wear her shoulder-style now. What's the sizing?

Reactions: ladysarah

Katty1991

Nov 19, 2020
Good afternoon!How do you feel about birkin JPG, they are released more?How long has it been out of stock ?Should I buy one ?