Vintage Havane Birkin in Gulliver

PF2010

O.G.
May 15, 2010
Hi everyone,

I came across this 2001 Birkin in Havane Gulliver through a reseller. I had it authenticated and am considering purchasing it as my first Birkin! The bag is in very good condition for 13 years old.

Would love to hear some honest feedback on this bag and whether I should go for it.

Thanks so much!

Attachments

Fabfashion

O.G.
Feb 18, 2010
Canada
You mentioned it's been authenticated and it's in good condition. Do you love it, does it suit your need, is it the color/style/size/HW you want? Only you can say if this is the bag for you. Why do you hesitate? You're asking H lovers here so we (or at least me) like most things H. G'luck deciding.

andee

O.G.
Dec 9, 2007
Hi everyone,

I came across this 2001 Birkin in Havane Gulliver through a reseller. I had it authenticated and am considering purchasing it as my first Birkin! The bag is in very good condition for 13 years old.

Would love to hear some honest feedback on this bag and whether I should go for it.

Thanks so much!
Send it to me if you don't buy it.
I love this bag! It is a treasure.

elisian

vintage queen
Oct 16, 2014
Portland, OR
I might not because the color is overrepresented in my collection, and I find that a bright color is more practical than brown in matching outfits. Maybe I'm too young for something so conservative all the time yet still not work appropriate (because my work outfits include black). But if you like the color and think you'll get use out of it, it's a gorgeous bag! You haven't mentioned the price so I'm assuming it's neither amazing nor excessive - at that point it's all up to your own taste! :smile:

tokyorose

O.G.
May 31, 2006
Havane is my favourite brown, but only you can say whether the size, style and color work with your style/wardrobe. Gulliver is a soft leather and will not hold its shape as well as some of the thicker vintage leathers. The front of the bag looks to be in good condition but make sure you examine the sides/corners. Good luck!

ladysarah

O.G.
Jul 17, 2008
ladysarahinlondon
Simply lovely! I have a KP in this and it works with absolutely everything. This sort of colour will age beautifully and still look great after years of daily use. Bright colours won't.

Mar 26, 2009
Havane is my favourite brown, but only you can say whether the size, style and color work with your style/wardrobe. Gulliver is a soft leather and will not hold its shape as well as some of the thicker vintage leathers. The front of the bag looks to be in good condition but make sure you examine the sides/corners. Good luck!
This! I wouldn't as dark brown would not suit my wardrobe colouring.

gazalia

Mar 14, 2013
absolutly stunning! I would go for it, but as mentioned before: It is all up to you. YOU have to love it :smile:;)

S'Mom

Resistance is Futile
O.G.
Apr 8, 2006
Havanne is a gorgeous color....a beautiful neutral that you will be able to use with everything. Gulliver is the old "Swift" and has a nice soft hand to it. I don't think you can go wrong with this combo, IMO.