Vintage Gucci-Thoughts?

LovesYSL

O.G.
Aug 13, 2009
Hi all,
I'm just curious as to what everyone thinks of the logo bags from the 70's and 80's? I was thinking of buying one because personally I think they're great but I wanted to get the opinion of Gucci addicts. Do you tend to go more for the newer bags or do you also like the oldies too?

Having just bought 3 'new' Guccis I have to say I like either new or old (1 x 1970s, 1 x 1983-5 and 1 late x 1980s). I've just spent all night and day cleaning and polishing.

A logo canvas Gucci would have to be at a good price, in resonable condition and in a classic workable shape. It would also have to be 100% genuine Gucci. There were/are a lot of those bags around and they were also widely faked (yes, even then so be careful)

Thums up on the vintage Gucci :tup:

I agree! I like vintage Gucci, especially the bostons and messenger but you have to be careful because a lot has been faked. At one point, Gucci was available in every kind of store when the company would sell its brand rights (I'm not sure of the terminology) and stuff was being mass produced by different companies--I think it was in the 80's? But when you find that amazing authentic vintage piece....it's simply gorgeous. Vintage Gucci reminds me of my grandmother so I'm more drawn to it.

Having just bought 3 'new' Guccis I have to say I like either new or old (1 x 1970s, 1 x 1983-5 and 1 late x 1980s). I've just spent all night and day cleaning and polishing.

A logo canvas Gucci would have to be at a good price, in resonable condition and in a classic workable shape. It would also have to be 100% genuine Gucci. There were/are a lot of those bags around and they were also widely faked (yes, even then so be careful)

Thums up on the vintage Gucci :tup:

I agree! I like vintage Gucci, especially the bostons and messenger but you have to be careful because a lot has been faked. At one point, Gucci was available in every kind of store when the company would sell its brand rights (I'm not sure of the terminology) and stuff was being mass produced by different companies--I think it was in the 80's? But when you find that amazing authentic vintage piece....it's simply gorgeous. Vintage Gucci reminds me of my grandmother so I'm more drawn to it.

Under licence (generally between 1983-93) :biggrin: