vintage GUCCI interior problem - help please

Aug 21, 2008
hi, does anyone know how to deal with interior flaking please help. Couple of my bamboo bags' interior is cracking a bit and a bit sticky. when you put your hand over it then it starts to flake off or if I put my wallet in the black leather interior will sometimes stick to the wallet like little glunk flakes. Any advise? I haven't been using because I don't want to rub any more of the lining. I don't want to replace the lining because it's just starting. Basically I need advise to preserve it the condition it currently is in and prevent future damage.

Maybe you want to try a purse to go insert for the vintage? It's like an purseket but has a bottom so the flaking wont' stick to your stuff. Sorry I don't know how to preserve the lining. A local shoe/leather repairing shop might be able to help.

I've been researching this for a few days (the Gucci flaking interior issue). Quite a few people used cornstarch with a nail brush and diligently rubbed out the flaking leather. The before and after pics were amazing.
For the more difficult "sticky" issue, someone else used "methylated spirits on a cloth."