Vintage golf ball case

Just purchased this vintage golfball case and it has that "old smell" any advice on how to get rid of it?

There was a golf ball case but this isn't it. This is the Pochette from an old Papillion 30 by the looks of it. The golf ball case had the dark leather strap attached at one end only.

Anyway, as for smells, leave it out in fresh air as much as you possibly can and it should fade/disappear. There is a thread somewhere if you search, about "tricks" people have tried to get rid of smells. Hope that helps.

There was a golf ball case but this isn't it. This is the Pochette from an old Papillion 30 by the looks of it. The golf ball case had the dark leather strap attached at one end only.

Anyway, as for smells, leave it out in fresh air as much as you possibly can and it should fade/disappear. There is a thread somewhere if you search, about "tricks" people have tried to get rid of smells. Hope that helps.
yes I see by the posting it is a pochette. Thanks for reminding me. I just put it outside and hopefully it will get better. Thanks.