Vintage Dooney & Bourke

Catbird, you're a genius! Yesterday, I looked through her listings and didn't see this one. THIS IS IT! And I was close on guessing the model number. I had speculated that it should be R10 based on the fact that the Vintage Collection satchels match the classic collection satchel numbers only with a 7 inserted before the number. Thus, the classic R29 becomes Vintage Collection R729 and the R21 becomes Vintage Collection R721. I have the first bag you showed, the Vintage mini satchel R710, so working in reverse, it should equate to a Classic satchel R10, but an R10 is a Dover bag. Am I confusing you yet? Lol. So R110 makes perfect sense. It's the next closest logical choice of model number. I had someone with a 1994 catalog look for this, and it wasn't there, but Dooney usually issued multiple catalogs per year so it may have been in a different one. Paula notes 1994 on her listing info. Thanks a million!
You're welcome. Your numbering explanation definitely makes sense.

I love those little Classic satchels, and yours is that rare Palomino...a nice find!

Catbird9...can I ask a favor?
I've stumbled across a large Carpet Bag (round DB fob, pre-tag) for sale and been searching online for photos of a comparable interior. The inside pocket on this bag is not the usual British tan leather and I'm curious to know if other materials were used during the early days.
I'd appreciate your help with a photo...or PM me if you don't want to post here.
Thanks bunches!

Catbird9...can I ask a favor?
I've stumbled across a large Carpet Bag (round DB fob, pre-tag) for sale and been searching online for photos of a comparable interior. The inside pocket on this bag is not the usual British tan leather and I'm curious to know if other materials were used during the early days.
I'd appreciate your help with a photo...or PM me if you don't want to post here.
Thanks bunches!
Other interior pocket materials were used. Here's a pre-tag Carpet Bag:

carpet bag pockets.JPG
carpet bag inside.JPG

Pre-Tag Carpet Bag front.JPG
carpet bag emblem TM symbol.JPG

Hi all! Here’s my new to me latest addition to the vintage D&B family. A bucket bag with the feet at the bottom. Been looking for one like this for a while and she was in amazing condition. This bucket bag is solid. The leather is fantastic and it’s just made so well. I’m seriously in love. View attachment 4842368View attachment 4842369
Enjoy your Dooney vintage treasure. Dooney bucket/drawstring bags are always a great fashion accessory.

Reactions: Beauty Marked