Vintage Dior Clean up

dbay04

Oct 25, 2018
I purchased a vintage Dior recently and I love it, however she is sticky. I read on here that I can clean it with slightly soapy water and a cloth but it didn't really do too much. I basically filled a cup with a mixture of dawn and warm water and gently wiped the bag with a cloth, then I proceeded to wipe with clean warm water to wipe away the soapy mixture. I did my best to not soak the bag and it dried fine but doing this made it slightly less sticky. What kind of dish soap should I use? Is there some sort of wiping technique that I am not doing? Any additional advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance and I hope everyone had a great Christmas...

Attachments

• m_5b8fc06ebf7729b73173706c.jpg
    m_5b8fc06ebf7729b73173706c.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 203
You may have to do it a few times. I used a clean face-towel and Sunlight dish soap and worked on it a few times. It worked. I did wet the surface more than you may have, and it didn't warp the surface so it was okay.

Reactions: dbay04
You may have to do it a few times. I used a clean face-towel and Sunlight dish soap and worked on it a few times. It worked. I did wet the surface more than you may have, and it didn't warp the surface so it was okay.

Wonderful, thank you so much for your help! I'll let you know how it goes for anyone else who is interested in learning this tip as well!

Reactions: averagejoe
I’m back with an update, I’ve tried a mixture of dawn and warm water and wiped it down with a towel 4 times, it’s still sticky but in the sense of leaving a dark residue on my clothing and when I go to touch the residue I get a rubbery hand feel to it. Does that make sense? It’s very bizarre. Do I repeat this a couple more times?

I’m back with an update, I’ve tried a mixture of dawn and warm water and wiped it down with a towel 4 times, it’s still sticky but in the sense of leaving a dark residue on my clothing and when I go to touch the residue I get a rubbery hand feel to it. Does that make sense? It’s very bizarre. Do I repeat this a couple more times?
It sounds like the residue is still on the fabric. I did it several times when I tried it and eventually the finish was the way the fabric was supposed to feel, which is smooth and non-grimy.

Reactions: dbay04