Vintage Diana Reveal + Experience with Meltonian Delicate vs Black

1. The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2019 Early Access ends today! Please support TPF by using this link before shopping the sale. We're also giving away six more $200 gift cards during the duration of the NAS! Find out more...
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Earlier this year, I saw some pictures of lovely Diana flaps, and decided I really needed one for myself. I loved the shape, and thought the extra room from being a single flap would be handy. I found one that was rated by the seller as being in wonderful condition, despite being about 25 years old! (Special thanks to Roku for the authentication opinion!!!)

I jumped on it, but when it arrived, it was more dinged up than I expected :sad: The seller was willing to take it back, but it would have been a hassle to ship overseas, and he suggested that the scratches might be able to be buffed out with some polish. I read through a ton of threads about lambskin care, and stopped by my cobbler's to get their advice. Ultimately, I took home a jar of Meltonian black and a jar of Meltonian delicate.

Both the threads I read through and the cobbler suggested that the black would be better, since the lambskin is black, so I started with that. While it did help, I wasn't very happy with the results--the scratches were still more noticeable than I would like. I was feeling a little disheartened, but figured I may as well try the delicate. I was shocked to see that the delicate worked extremely well, and was very happy with the results. I can't wait to take her out!

Stay tuned for some before and afters :smile:

lee_dya likes this.
  2. Before photos

Attached Files:

3. After photos (note: I forgot to take photos after using the Meltonian black, so I unfortunately don't have any comparing the black to the delicate)

Attached Files:

Bisoux78 likes this.
  4. Omg, such a huge difference!!! Enjoy!

5. Wow that is amazing! Thank you for sharing.

6. This is awesome! Thanks for sharing! Time to buy some for my pre-loved flap.

7. Amazing! Thank you for sharing this. Enjoy your bag, it literally looks new.

8. Wow! That looks amazing!!

9. Omg this is why I love Lambskin so much; it can be restored back to almost new condition with just few bucks [emoji7][emoji173]️[emoji173]️

10. Wow so amazing! Thanks for sharing :smile:

11. Omg just stunning! Looks new!!!!

12. Gorgeous Diana flap and a job well done. I've had a lot of success using both meltonians. Delicate is great for that lamb skin when other polishes may be too heavy.

13. Wow! This is amazing! Enjoy your new baby!

14. Wow!! What an amazing transformation!
    Thank you so much for sharing! I will definitely use this for my Diana flap 😊😊

15. Wow thanks for sharing :smile: . I have a lambskin bag that i used every day and even though its only 4 months old, i already see the sign of scratch inside and outside. I was wondering what i should put on to make it shine again, but i didn't do any research yet. I definitely buy this product and try on bag

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using PurseForum mobile app

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice