Vintage D&B's?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hello ladies,

Do any of you buy/sell the vintage D&B's?

My mom purchased a D&B doctor bag over 15 years ago, but it's still in pristine condition. Right now, it's sitting in the guest room gathering dust :sad:. It's a beautifully made, well crafted, very durable bag. It's such a shame that it's not being used...hint hint hint...

I have the dark blue leather instead of the white...
    [​IMG]

Is there a 'market' for these bags, or are they stored in the attic, a forgotten love, a distant memory, left to succumb to moths and dust bunnies?

2. my roomie has a vintage d&b backpack.. ill be sure to make her post a picture!! hehe

3. Oh, please do :smile:.

4. [​IMG]

yes this is my beloved dooney backpack. vintage is so hot. i use it EVERY day for work, and i :love: it to death. my mum gave it to me!

5. Thanks for the link, Mr. Dooney ;). I remember that bag now (I read through your thread earlier...hehehe)

Madame Vicious Bliss, that is a GORGEOUS color. I've never seen that colour before. She's a beauty :heart:

6. I have loads of vintage AWL. This bag could sell at over $150 if presented correctly. My beat up bags sell at from $20 to $60. The square fitted satchel is very desirable for very good reason. I rarely carry mine but cannot bear to part with it.[​IMG]

7. Wow..I'm speechless. That is a VERY impressive collection you have there, Kathyy. WOW!!!

Yes, I see the bag there. I am considering selling it. It really needs a loving home where it will be used

8. If the one above is the one that ended last night, I was interested in it. Just didn't want to take a chance with whether I could get a key for it. I love the vintage AWL and have a few in my collection. ;)

Most people feel the older Dooneys are too heavy.

9. I LOVE LOVE LOVE vintage AWL. I have eight AWL vintage bags, an agenda and a wallet. The style you're showing is actually one I've been looking for but in black, blue or green. I always get compliments when I carry one!

10. I don't mind the weight of the old Dooneys. Some of those old Coaches, no way! Patricia's Legacy has four walls and a flap of wonderful thick heavy supple leather, much heavier than the Dooneys that hold their shape and don't have all that leather. I do have some old Coaches but only one with a flap!

Thanks, I love the bags. At one point I collected all the styles I liked. These are the ones I USED. Beautifully made bags.

11. Bless ~ I have that same dark blue Dooney doctor bag! I found it for $20 at a local thrift shop. It holds EVERYTHING! I :heart::heart::heart: it.

Kathyy ~ Your vintage collection is GORGEOUS! I'm such a vintage nut...

12. Kathyy~ love your dooney collection is outrageous;)

13. i think dooney was much better the old way. They were really well made. I had quite a few back then. Now they seem cheaply made and not worth the money.

14. Oh yea? Are we allowed to 'sell' bags on this forum? I don't want to break any rules by offering to sell the bag to you :sad: :wlae:.