Vintage Coach Photos & Chat

My oldest sister recently pulled out Tammy dolls (Ideal Toy Company, circa 1960) that were given to her and my other older sister that had been stored in her basement. I played with them as well as a child. I couldn't believe it when I saw the tab detail on the red purse she had saved from the clothes and accessories. It had to have been styled after something contemporary to it, from the early 60's.
I think the purse went with a tweed suit my sister has. I had to have the bag lol.

View attachment 5258058
I’ve never heard of those Tammy dolls. I had several Barbie dolls (bubble-head and pony tail) and a baby doll called Baby Dear. But never have even seen a Tammy doll. Now I’m curious…..!

I’ve never heard of those Tammy dolls. I had several Barbie dolls (bubble-head and pony tail) and a baby doll called Baby Dear. But never have even seen a Tammy doll. Now I’m curious…..!
They were put out by the Ideal toy company (I think Barbie was by Mattel) and are truer to actual pre-teen/tween body proportions (basically no breasts!). That is why my mother bought them. I give my mom credit. She felt, back in the 60's, Barbie's were not realistic in how they represented women's bodies and even though is was a toy, and it wasn't a model she wanted for her daughters. Lol, and she was (and still is) a devout Catholic.

They were put out by the Ideal toy company (I think Barbie was by Mattel) and are truer to actual pre-teen/tween body proportions (basically no breasts!). That is why my mother bought them. I give my mom credit. She felt, back in the 60's, Barbie's were not realistic in how they represented women's bodies and even though is was a toy, and it wasn't a model she wanted for her daughters. Lol, and she was (and still is) a devout Catholic.
I also had a Tammy. Santa thought Barbie was too grown-up for me at the time.

I don't remember caring about Barbie's body shape. I think everyone knew it wasn't realistic. Whose feet are shaped in a permanent high heel slant? What I liked were the clothes. They were so detailed compared to the clothes for my other dolls. The styles were more sophisticated. When I played with Barbie, all I did was change her clothes over and over.

I don't remember caring about Barbie's body shape. I think everyone knew it wasn't realistic. Whose feet are shaped in a permanent high heel slant? What I liked were the clothes. They were so detailed compared to the clothes for my other dolls. The styles were more sophisticated. When I played with Barbie, all I did was change her clothes over and over.
I didn’t care about her shape either. I had bought enough outfits and my mom made really cool outfits for my Barbies. She gave away my dolls and their wardrobe (GRR) but I did manage to hang onto these records where they sing. Mine are in mint condition. This is a listing for the same records. In college we used to play them as a joke and it was pretty funny. There was a song called The Busy Buzz and we knew all the words. Ken was calling Barbie at the same time she was calling him and he got a busy signal. So he was jealous thinking she was talking to another boy. Lol!

Busy Buzz lyrics

My oldest sister recently pulled out Tammy dolls (Ideal Toy Company, circa 1960) that were given to her and my other older sister that had been stored in her basement. I played with them as well as a child. I couldn't believe it when I saw the tab detail on the red purse she had saved from the clothes and accessories. It had to have been styled after something contemporary to it, from the early 60's.
I think the purse went with a tweed suit my sister has. I had to have the bag lol.

View attachment 5258058
OMG I have a Tammy doll as well as her boyfriend Ted! My sister had Barbie but I loved my Tammy better!