Vintage Coach Photos & Chat

Gorgeous! I have this reissue in the two tone version. For a clutch, it holds quite a bit.
Thanks! I've seen the two tone and would love one! I just compared listing measurements and this one from the 80s is larger than the original. I thought they were the same size. This coral bag is 11” x 10” x 3”. The measurements in an Etsy listing for the older version are 8” x 8” x3”.

Attachments

• 25EF7263-132D-4CD2-B1FD-961741F61A24.jpeg
    25EF7263-132D-4CD2-B1FD-961741F61A24.jpeg
    70.6 KB · Views: 16
Oh, those colors are so beautiful! I wish they made them in sizes that were reasonable at about half the prices they are charging these days.

I carry mostly new bags, meaning any bags that aren't yet 20 years old. I have more than twice as many newish bags than vintage, and several non-Coach bags. I tend to carry the bags I've gotten most recently the most, whether or not they are vintage, but I generally reach for a non-vintage bag most often. Most of my newer bags have more pizazz and better colors than the vintage bags, and are generally more usable in being more comfortable to carry, have more pockets, and hold more.
I go to my newer bags more often too but if I do vintage I generally choose one of my vintage Willis. Lots of my vintage are really fun bags but not large enough for my needs. My favorite style among my newer bags is my Rogue 30s which is funny because I did not like them when they first came out. The smaller Rogues are too small for me. I also love my Mulberry bags and alternate between the two brands or pair them together if I need to carry a lot.

I go to my newer bags more often too but if I do vintage I generally choose one of my vintage Willis. Lots of my vintage are really fun bags but not large enough for my needs. My favorite style among my newer bags is my Rogue 30s which is funny because I did not like them when they first came out. The smaller Rogues are too small for me. I also love my Mulberry bags and alternate between the two brands or pair them together if I need to carry a lot.
I love how you switched out the hardware on one of your Willis to match one of your Mullberys

Thanks! I've seen the two tone and would love one! I just compared listing measurements and this one from the 80s is larger than the original. I thought they were the same size. This coral bag is 11” x 10” x 3”. The measurements in an Etsy listing for the older version are 8” x 8” x3”.
Someone did a comparison of them in the Reference Library. The original also doesn't have the zip pocket. I was lucky that when I got mine the prices weren't as crazy as they are now.

I completely resisted the Rogue craze! There was awhile when I really wanted the purple Dark Fairytale smaller Rogue but I realized I wanted the color more than the style. My most recent Coach is the Cashin 22 in cerise. It's a good size for me and I love the color. I think my favorite Coach bags are those that are inspired by vintage styles. My favorite other brand is Balenciaga. I also have BV, Michael Kors, kate spade and Brahmin.

The larger reissues are actually from the early 1990s, not the 1980s. They mostly used "Retro" in the title - that one is a Retro Stroll Tote #9004 - and was shown in the catalog as a Limited Edition. It was one of the styles made or remade for Coach's 50th Anniversary in 1991 and was in the special 50th Anniversary 1991 catalog. The color is Coral Pink.

They're a bit unusual in still having the older 3+4 serial numbers that had mostly been replaced in 1990 by the 4+3 format.

(Sorry if all this has already been posted.)

I believe your question has been answered? You might want to check back.
I just read that and discovered you figured it out!

Guys, @Hyacinth went super detective and ID-ed this bag! Apparently this was a short-lived model from 1991. I’m sharing here because the vintage history is too cool to keep to myself. And seriously, this sleuthing deserves more recognition. (Thanks Hyacinth!) ;)

By George, I think I've got it!

The problem is that the only place I've been able to find it is in the Spring 1991 paper catalog on page 35 but it's not in any of the 50th Anniversary or 1991 Holiday catalogs. Apparently it's one of those very short-lived styles where if you blinked, you missed it. But thanks to you we now have more photos. I can't post the catalog pic since we don't have a scanner, but if you just look at it quickly it looks a lot like the Envelope Portfolio. Maybe that's why it didn't stay around long.

The style number is 5091 and it was called a Hampshire Brief. The description says:
"Full length outside back pocket. Full length front pocket under leather-lined flap.Inside zipper pocket.Hidden magnetic snap closure, 16 1/2 x 11 x 4 inches. Black, British Tan, Burgundy, Mahogany. $292."

ETA - It's also one of those oddball items where the Coach plant that made it extended the use of the old 3+4 serial number format into 1991 and 1992 even though everyone else had changed to the new 4+3 system very early in 1990.
Adding a few pictures so we don’t have to jump around; Willis included for size reference, creed for fun. And please excuse the grime, she hasn’t been cleaned yet. :smile:

517E8D5D-C639-4D76-BFD6-56D350481DA3.jpeg

0775350D-5E4C-43BC-8D2A-1F540A43E91A.jpeg

C0A91658-46CB-4395-ADE5-223380A7A348.jpeg

The larger reissues are actually from the early 1990s, not the 1980s. They mostly used "Retro" in the title - that one is a Retro Stroll Tote #9004 - and was shown in the catalog as a Limited Edition. It was one of the styles made or remade for Coach's 50th Anniversary in 1991 and was in the special 50th Anniversary 1991 catalog. The color is Coral Pink.

They're a bit unusual in still having the older 3+4 serial numbers that had mostly been replaced in 1990 by the 4+3 format.

(Sorry if all this has already been posted.)
Thanks, listing referred them as 1980s and I haven’t looked at my catalogs yet. I refer to this as coral because I do not care for pink and it is a color match to my coral small tote. The tag that came with it shows pink as the color but a friend sent me a photo of her bag that is very pink. (Could be different dye lots or other variables.) I was so pleased mine had an orange tint because I do not like pink. It’s probably the only color I don’t have in my bag rainbow!

Attachments

• 7B082572-A816-4034-A1A2-FC83EE25BA29.jpeg
    7B082572-A816-4034-A1A2-FC83EE25BA29.jpeg
    134.1 KB · Views: 15
  • A0E7125B-D9CE-4BCF-A0B7-668BFFA8FB06.jpeg
    A0E7125B-D9CE-4BCF-A0B7-668BFFA8FB06.jpeg
    253.7 KB · Views: 15
Hi ladies, I got overly excited on eBay and purchased this mystery bag. Just thought I’d share the pics of it here for fun. Do pardon the marks etc because I’m still trying to figure out how to better rehab her :smile: The serial number is 0000-007 and the wording on the creed is a bit different because it says the leather would ‘retain its luster’ over time.

53634B91-CE64-4949-8965-06CA24F11B65.jpeg

FC14D7F4-389B-4535-AA26-5A459AC551C7.jpeg

6080572C-D190-492A-BBA0-3B12A82D0A11.jpeg

While we’re on the topic of ridiculous prices, this Lula’s Legacy just got listed. You’d think the seller would at least look up the style name…:eek::
View attachment 5108249

I just recently got back on this forum, and not surprised to see this still happens. Good luck to the seller though. I bet it will be listed a while.

Saw this and couldn’t help but laugh
View attachment 5107914View attachment 5107915
Yes, these are two separate listings. Yes, they are each half a hang tag (also most likely the same hang tag split in two)
Yes, if you buy both of them, you can get one whole hang tag for the low, low price of $50+Shipping!
It’s just a double listing. It’s the same tag, but with a new photo. The old listing never was deleted when new photos were done with the logo. It’s also a belt tag and it’s not a split tag as belt tags came with raw backs. Wanted to clarify. Thanks for pointing it out though. Truly appreciate it. Have a beautiful day.

It’s just a double listing. It’s the same tag, but with a new photo. The old listing never was deleted when new photos were done with the logo. It’s also a belt tag and it’s not a split tag as belt tags came with raw backs. Wanted to clarify. Thanks for pointing it out though. Truly appreciate it. Have a beautiful day.

I purchased 6 hangtags from you recently and was very happy. It is great to be able to replace missing hangtags!!! :tup: