Vintage Coach Photos & Chat

Huge d'oh moment this morning!

I have never compared my two darker brown bags side by side, but thanks to somebody who knows more than me, I think my Basic bag might be mocha. It's NOT mahogany. I just thought it had darkened more with age. When I put them side by side, definitely different colors! I dont know how I haven't noticed. View attachment 5075399
Looks like mocha to me. When my mocha Basic arrives I'll post pics. I think my squeeze key case I just posted above is mocha.

I can't seem to find the post that has which bags straps are interchangeable with others. Anybody remember where that is?

Comp thread! Here’s the link to mambutt’s post that has the link to the spreadsheet:

& here is Nataluccia3’s post copy & pasted:

INTERCHANGEABLE STRAPS

1” width
9060 large slim duffle 35.5” long
9061 Rambler’s legacy
9144 Studio flap 48 1/2" long
9170 saddle bag
9735 OG Rambler
9796 spectator bag 44” long
9816 slim duffle 46” long
9950 Janice’s legacy 47” long
9997 Small Legacy Zip 45.5”
Originals small emory 49” long
Legacy trail bag 46” long

1.375” width
8920 Courier
9235 Crescent 35.5” long
9951 Patricia’s legacy 49.5” long
9952 Lula’s legacy 58.25” long (B6D USA), 51” (7D USA), 53” (6B USA)
9988 saddle bag 41.25” long

Vintage Dog Clip Strap List:

.5” width with .5" brass dog clip
9991 Lunch Box (USA - 1996) adjustable with buckle from 45.5" - 49" (including dog clip)

I didn’t tag them because they’re not active on the forum anymore

Comp thread! Here’s the link to mambutt’s post that has the link to the spreadsheet:

INTERCHANGEABLE STRAPS

1” width
9061 Rambler’s legacy
9170 saddle bag
9735 OG Rambler

1.375” width
8920 Courier
9235 Crescent 35.5” long

9991 Lunch Box (USA - 1996) adjustable with buckle from 45.5" - 49" (including dog clip)

Thank you! I thought it was there, but went through it for 30 minutes and decided maybe I should ask lol.

INTERCHANGEABLE STRAPS

1” width
9061 Rambler’s legacy
9170 saddle bag
9735 OG Rambler

1.375” width
8920 Courier
9235 Crescent 35.5” long

And I know, no nataluccia and now no luna :crybaby:
I dont think I ever really chatted with mambutt.

Hello lovely enabling friends...
During these dark pandemic days, I'm faced with a decidedly 1st world problem.
I'm trying to choose between a basic and a companion bag. Both in great shape. Both black. Both pre style number Made in US bags. Both approximately the same price. My bag of choice right now is a compact pouch but I'm equally happy with a saddlery and a legacy zip. Mostly just carry a small wallet, keys, sunglasses and phone.
I know you guys love talking about this stuff. Give me your thoughts. Both is not an option. ;)

I'm trying to choose between a basic and a companion bag. Both in great shape. Both black. Both pre style number Made in US bags. Both approximately the same price. My bag of choice right now is a compact pouch but I'm equally happy with a saddlery and a legacy zip. Mostly just carry a small wallet, keys, sunglasses and phone.
I know you guys love talking about this stuff. Give me your thoughts. Both is not an option. ;)

I had both at one point & Id pick the basic bag. The companion was heavy which is why I got rid of mine. I found the strap was too thin for how much the bag weighed. I couldn’t find a thick strap I liked enough to use on it, so off it went. The basic will hold all the stuff you mentioned (I can easily fit my hardshell sunglasses case too when I wanna wear my fancy looking sunglasses). Just my 2 cents, but Im team basic!! Lol!

The companion is a little deeper and has the outside pockets which could be handy, but is probably heavier. The basic is very narrow. Even if you aren't carrying a lot, if your items are thick they might bulge out the sides of the bag. The compact pouch isn't deep either but the flap hides bulging better.

I had both at one point & Id pick the basic bag. The companion was heavy which is why I got rid of mine. I found the strap was too thin for how much the bag weighed. I couldn’t find a thick strap I liked enough to use on it, so off it went. The basic will hold all the stuff you mentioned (I can easily fit my hardshell sunglasses case too when I wanna wear my fancy looking sunglasses). Just my 2 cents, but Im team basic!! Lol!
Yes, I'm leaning that way too. I find as I get older, the heavier bags bother my neck/back more. If I'm using a big bag, I just fill it up with more crap.

The companion is a little deeper and has the outside pockets which could be handy, but is probably heavier. The basic is very narrow. Even if you aren't carrying a lot, if your items are thick they might bulge out the sides of the bag. The compact pouch isn't deep either but the flap hides bulging better.
Hahaha! Such reasonable arguments aren't making it easy.

Hahaha! Such reasonable arguments aren't making it easy.
I'm glad you asked because I've been considering a basic bag as I love the look. The leather on many I've seen is scrumptious. Now I wonder if I would have to be too careful with it to prevent bulging. Even with narrow items, if they are piled on top of each other, they may all fall to the bottom and make the bag bulge.