Vintage Coach Photos & Chat

Speaking of rust, I got my rust A dye today & its an EXACT match to the colour of my BT dinky... like what are the odds! Anyways, it’s not a complete fail yet because I mixed some red acrylic paint into the dye (even though the company said not to mix products) & I got an absolutely BEAUTIFUL shade of deep orange. Now Im hoping it applies well & I didn't just compromise the dye formula...I seem to be getting a little too confident with this experiment lmao.

Fingers crossed it goes well, Im gonna dye it tomorrow afternoon!
Thanks for the tip, to know a rust dye exists . . .

Thanks for the tip, to know a rust dye exists . . .

I was gonna hold off a few weeks to dye the dinky because the courier zapped my energy lol. But then I mixed in the red acrylic paint & didn’t want the dye sitting around too long so Im just gonna force myself to do it tomorrow. Plus, Im kinda eager to see if it actually works! :lol:

I am a bargain shopper but I didn't get into going to thrift stores until around 2014. When I first joined the forum, it was because my teenage daughter had spent her hard earned money buying a purse and a wallet with no discounts from a Coach boutique. I wanted to show her you didn't have to spend that much to get what she wanted so I started looking at contemporary Coach on ebay. I did find some bargains but I also found some fakes, which is how I found the forum, and which led ultimately to me becoming an authenticator. I didn't get interested in vintage until Katev started showing off her rehabs. At first, I wasn't attracted to it because it was vintage or better quality; I just wanted to be able to transform something. It appealed to the crafter in me. Ironically the first vintage bags I bought on ebay were in perfect condition and didn't need any rehabbing.

In 2014, we drove cross country, shopping at thrift stores along the way for something to do. It was a good way to drive around new towns and get a feel for the area. We met interesting people. I shopped for vintage Coach because it was something I knew and liked. Ever since then, whenever we travel, we go to thrift stores. It took me a long time to get over the ick factor with buying thrift. I don't mind vintage Coach because I know I can get them completely clean with dunking. But even clothes that I know I can wash, I still feel funny about those that touch the skin. I love my thrifted down jacket. I can't see myself ever buying used shoes. I bought a used stand mixer. Even though I washed it thoroughly, the first few times I felt kind of icky using it.

Now I know that many people who sell on ebay get their items from thrift stores but when I was first buying, if I was buying used, I imagined I was buying from the original owner, and it didn't seem as icky.
Before I bought my first vintage Coach, I wouldn’t have been caught dead buying a “used” handbag. Once I saw Coach selling “used” bags and learning about dunking them AND finding Coach was sold out of the one I wanted, I began shopping sites like eBay. The beginning of the end!!!

Ditto on the shoes. I have no desire or inclination to buy shoes from anyone even if they list as new. I have purchased some nicer cardigan sweaters with the tags attached and then wash or had them cleaned. Otherwise I prefer new items with the exception of vintage Coach leather goods. I do tend to buy bags in pristine condition but have probably done total rehabs on about 30. I always clean a bag as soon as it arrives and I don’t usually buy any bags that are lined. Lining on a preowned bag seems dirty to me.

I am a bargain shopper but I didn't get into going to thrift stores until around 2014. When I first joined the forum, it was because my teenage daughter had spent her hard earned money buying a purse and a wallet with no discounts from a Coach boutique. I wanted to show her you didn't have to spend that much to get what she wanted so I started looking at contemporary Coach on ebay. I did find some bargains but I also found some fakes, which is how I found the forum, and which led ultimately to me becoming an authenticator. I didn't get interested in vintage until Katev started showing off her rehabs. At first, I wasn't attracted to it because it was vintage or better quality; I just wanted to be able to transform something. It appealed to the crafter in me. Ironically the first vintage bags I bought on ebay were in perfect condition and didn't need any rehabbing.

In 2014, we drove cross country, shopping at thrift stores along the way for something to do. It was a good way to drive around new towns and get a feel for the area. We met interesting people. I shopped for vintage Coach because it was something I knew and liked. Ever since then, whenever we travel, we go to thrift stores. It took me a long time to get over the ick factor with buying thrift. I don't mind vintage Coach because I know I can get them completely clean with dunking. But even clothes that I know I can wash, I still feel funny about those that touch the skin. I love my thrifted down jacket. I can't see myself ever buying used shoes. I bought a used stand mixer. Even though I washed it thoroughly, the first few times I felt kind of icky using it.

Now I know that many people who sell on ebay get their items from thrift stores but when I was first buying, if I was buying used, I imagined I was buying from the original owner, and it didn't seem as icky.

I didn't realize that I was your Rehab Enabler - sorry!

I didn't realize that I was your Rehab Enabler - sorry!
You have been generous with your time in that for many different refurbishings you have taken good before and after pictures and then posted your process in detail. I have bookmarked the post with your basic process and have posted it on occasion . And I have suggested on occasion to someone to search your posts on how to rehab a particular bag. :yes:

I thought you knew... you should be proud to have inspired so many of us!

You have been generous with your time in that for many different refurbishings you have taken good before and after pictures and then posted your process in detail. I have bookmarked the post with your basic process and have posted it on occasion . And I have suggested on occasion to someone to search your posts on how to rehab a particular bag. :yes:

Thank you both, Wow!

What is a boho style purse and which vintage style best represents boho? My sister wants a vintage boho but I have no idea what that means. Image searches are not really consistent. I see boho totes, boho flaps, boho slings.... I imagine boho looking kind of hippie style, like the crescent bag.

To my mind Boho is relaxed and not highly structured, and it usually isn't heavily decorated or "fussy", it's kind of plain and usually a shoulder bag or crossbody - just my opinion!

Last edited:
What is a boho style purse and which vintage style best represents boho? My sister wants a vintage boho but I have no idea what that means. Image searches are not really consistent. I see boho totes, boho flaps, boho slings.... I imagine boho looking kind of hippie style, like the crescent bag.

Boho bags are usually unstructured & floppy. The first thing that came to mind was a Lula’s legacy bucket bag. If she wants a really big bag, the duffle sac or the sling bag also come to mind

Boho bags are usually unstructured & floppy. The first thing that came to mind was a Lula’s legacy bucket bag. If she wants a really big bag, the duffle sac or the sling bag also come to mind

Good morning. Aging hippy here. @Coachaddict4020 is on the right track, I think. Lula's Legacy and the duffle sac were actually the two bags I intended to recommend. Also, I don't know if it's just me but I LOVE fringe. It's sad, actually, and at my age!!

The sling bag is a tough carry, especially if you have any shoulder issues. But the other two are perfect. Maybe with added fringe.....

Good morning. Aging hippy here. @Coachaddict4020 is on the right track, I think. Lula's Legacy and the duffle sac were actually the two bags I intended to recommend. Also, I don't know if it's just me but I LOVE fringe. It's sad, actually, and at my age!!

The sling bag is a tough carry, especially if you have any shoulder issues. But the other two are perfect. Maybe with added fringe.....

After I posted about boho bags I remembered Fringe (and sometimes a little beading) so I guess boho bags can be a little fussy!

To my mind Boho is relaxed and not highly structured, and it usually isn't heavily decorated or "fussy", it's kind of plain and usually a shoulder bag or crossbody - just my opinion! Although sometimes boho has fringe or beading so I guess it can be a little fussy!

Thank you very much! I think my sister might not know what boho is either. She doesn't own any purses that match any of these descriptions. I'm going to have to send her some pics and make sure we're on the same page before I buy and rehab a boho for her.

Thanks again!