Vintage Coach Photos & Chat

Was attaching the strap to my shoulder pouch to carry today and noticed this number on the strap ‘44’, anyone know what it means?

View attachment 4880223

View attachment 4880224
I have a Shoulder Pouch too, it is Putty with Mocha trim. I bought it a while back and I just pulled it out last week to use and OMG, it has "44" on the strap too. I never noticed it before!!

What a great story and great gifts! Have you met your siblings in person yet? That is so neat you found them!

Oh yes! :loveeyes: As soon as the dna matches were confirmed I was welcomed with open arms and we have been tight ever since! I've been to Montreal and they've come to out to BC. It's nothing short of a miracle, really... they had not known I existed.

Our mother passed away 18 days before my ancestry results came through.

Rehabbing these beautiful bags over the past few weeks has been a labour of love. One is going to a girlfriend, and the other 4 are being shipped off to my 3 sisters and sister-in-law whom I found through Ancestry 3 years ago!!! :loveeyes: I found 2 brothers as well... what should I do for them??? :heart:

View attachment 4881462
What a wonderful story of finding family! And the bags look beautiful! For the men, I see Whateve has suggested wallets, a great idea. I might add leather belts, or a zip portfolio to the suggestion list.

What a wonderful story of finding family! And the bags look beautiful! For the men, I see Whateve has suggested wallets, a great idea. I might add leather belts, or a zip portfolio to the suggestion list.

Love the leather belts idea!!! :tup: I think I'd feel more confident doing belts than a wallet. The rehabbing would be more straight forward. I'm still a newbie and restoring wallets sound complex! :nuts:.

Love the leather belts idea!!! :tup: I think I'd feel more confident doing belts than a wallet. The rehabbing would be more straight forward. I'm still a newbie and restoring wallets sound complex! :nuts:.

I just restored a vintage coach wallet & it was super easy! I did the same process as restoring a vintage coach bag but the key was to dunk it for only 5 minutes in really warm water. Then I allowed it to dry in a well ventilated area because there was cardboard underneath the leather. I felt like if left it submerged in water too long, it was probably gonna destroy the cardboard layer or cause it to “bloat”. it turned out great though :smile: Here are some pictures:

before:
89152CDE-2DCA-418E-AE02-8ACAA8E91E66.jpeg17373E5A-D141-4510-81EF-19718E270827.jpeg64FCB32A-BA9E-45B6-B191-DFCF66B1A42B.jpegA54C284D-8955-4577-B1B4-7179B0DAE693.jpeg

after:
1F86E3DB-98E0-4F53-98D1-DDFB23CD1A06.jpeg7F4FB6F8-B6B5-4393-A2F5-038D81942C70.jpeg098F95E1-3911-46FE-B478-CA2DC386910E.jpeg1EE422D9-C340-4ADC-A3FB-D41700734F2E.jpeg

I just restored a vintage coach wallet & it was super easy! I did the same process as restoring a vintage coach bag but the key was to dunk it for only 5 minutes in really warm water. Then I allowed it to dry in a well ventilated area because there was cardboard underneath the leather. I felt like if left it submerged in water too long, it was probably gonna destroy the cardboard layer or cause it to “bloat”. it turned out great though :smile: Here are some pictures:

before:
View attachment 4881869View attachment 4881870View attachment 4881871View attachment 4881872

after:
View attachment 4881873View attachment 4881874View attachment 4881875View attachment 4881876

Great info and suggestion, @Coachaddict4020!!! Many thanks!!! :tup:

Reactions: Coachaddict4020
Wallets usually have thinner leather and can wrinkle if dunked. They still benefit from conditioning. Some of the older wallets were made of water buffalo hide.

Oh yes! :loveeyes: As soon as the dna matches were confirmed I was welcomed with open arms and we have been tight ever since! I've been to Montreal and they've come to out to BC. It's nothing short of a miracle, really... they had not known I existed.

Our mother passed away 18 days before my ancestry results came through.
I love your story! I'm sorry to hear about your mother passing away, but that is wonderful you're close to your siblings. :heart: