Vintage Coach Photos & Chat

Yes! In fact, my best friend thinks I'm nuts! Lol! She doesn't understand why I would want to lug around someone's old used bag when I could use something new and shiny. Ha ha! However, mine do get a lot of glances, which I take as compliments rather than the opposite. I'm glad we don't have the ability to read minds.
I have a bigger problem: I like both the new and the old. My daughters never want to borrow the vintage bags, just the newer ones.

Thank you for this information LunaSilver. I have a court that has exactly this damage. The cut out portion of the D rings seems smooth, curious to know how this cut out portion on the D rings was done. Oh! I see what you mean, the dog leash clips were not flush! Aha! makes sense! Just inspected the dog clips to the court I have and yes! They have matching indents to the D rings but not as severe. So it looks like brass on brass contact was the cause of the idents on my court.
I just rehabbed an NYC Coach for a friend, and the nautical brass hardware had exactly the same wear. She is 80, and the wear on the hardware was her only complaint about the bag, which she purchased new.

Yes! In fact, my best friend thinks I'm nuts! Lol! She doesn't understand why I would want to lug around someone's old used bag when I could use something new and shiny. Ha ha! However, mine do get a lot of glances, which I take as compliments rather than the opposite. I'm glad we don't have the ability to read minds.

My friends feel the same way about my bags but they do marvel at the quality of the bags as well, they just don’t understand why I have so many.... My bags are mostly dark or neutral coloured so I don’t think I get too many glances (or I haven’t noticed). Though I have also received compliments on my bags from strangers. The only time that I was made self conscious was when I carried my red station. Heads were literally turning and I can see people staring at it. So yes, I am very glad that we can’t read minds!! :smile:

I have a bigger problem: I like both the new and the old. My daughters never want to borrow the vintage bags, just the newer ones.

I like the new stuff too! Especially the kiss lock frame bags from a couple of years ago and some of the coach originals (Oh I wish I got the turn lock pouch - which to me looks like a Lindsay bag with a turn lock) and bags with a tea rose turn lock. It’s just that every time I’m about to pull the trigger on a new bag I think about how many more vintage styles I can try out for the same price... and then I don’t end up buying it. But, my friend has the frame crossbody bag and every time I see it I regret not getting one when I had the chance!

Greetings from Toronto! I’m envious of your proximity to the Rockies!

If you ever pass through the Niagara region & see a tomboy carrying a vintage coach bag, that’s probably me!! Lol. I rarely see vintage coach bags where I live, only some older women with black or BT bags in the most popular styles & they will usually be passing through because our town is very touristy. I think Im the only one carrying green & red vintage bags where I live haha

Rehabbing these beautiful bags over the past few weeks has been a labour of love. One is going to a girlfriend, and the other 4 are being shipped off to my 3 sisters and sister-in-law whom I found through Ancestry 3 years ago!!! :loveeyes: I found 2 brothers as well... what should I do for them??? :heart:

View attachment 4881462
Beautiful Coaches and beautiful story!

Rehabbing these beautiful bags over the past few weeks has been a labour of love. One is going to a girlfriend, and the other 4 are being shipped off to my 3 sisters and sister-in-law whom I found through Ancestry 3 years ago!!! :loveeyes: I found 2 brothers as well... what should I do for them??? :heart:

View attachment 4881462
How wonderful that you found them! This is a wonderful thing to do. Maybe wallets for the brothers?

View attachment 4881462
What a great story and great gifts! Have you met your siblings in person yet? That is so neat you found them!