Vintage Coach Photos & Chat

Great thread, bunny. I've really enjoyed seeing the vintage Coach already posted, and look forward to seeing more. In fact, I'm going to stalk the vintage ebay area to see what I can pick up (after I get it authenticated).

Lots of fun!!!

awesome thread!! This is my only vintage bag right now. I don't know much about it other than, the creed says it was made in New York and the strap has been cut ( I found it this way ). I bought it at Goodwill for around $5. I have found quite a few over the years at resale shops only to sell them on ebay :smash: . Now, I LOVE vintage bags and am regretting selling them.
I have a few smaller vintage items too, I'll try to post them later.

Attachments

• 595.JPG
    595.JPG
    71.1 KB · Views: 877
  • 599.JPG
    599.JPG
    114.6 KB · Views: 877
Reactions: OJane
This is my recent find: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...RK:MEWNX:IT&salenotsupported#ebayphotohosting

I am tickled to finally get a hold of her. It looks like she is in good shape, but I may have to clean her up a bit.

You know, I am dying to get my hands on a grungy dirty old bag and give her a super overhaul just to see how great these bags can be refurbished. I have to say though, even the littlest of cleaning and conditioning makes a difference……but I am finding my self being a little obsessive compulsive about cleaning up my used bags. I was obsessing on this tiny little spot today on a bag I just got and was wondering if I should completely redye?! Ha ha…

I kind of like buying used, because it takes the pressure off of accedentially scratching or spotting a bag, but there is something icky about not knowing where a stain came from……..you know. SO wondering again if I should give all of my used bags a bath…..

Ok sorry for the digression.....
In my personal opinion, I really resist re-dying if at all possible. I try to make do with what I have before I throw in the towel and consider it a waste of time.

I think by giving older bags baths (and learning how to) I think we develop a better appreciation for the leather used (and how durable it is) and physically see the difference the bath gives the leather after you do it properly. I've heard of people throwing their hamptons weekend bags in the wash, and I have a satin-ish one, and have considered it, the least that would occur is that my tan trim would get even darker.

ah27.gif

This one is on the way. It is dark navy and can be used as a clutch too - at least according to the seller. She told me she acquired some vintage bags several years ago from a collector. She will have another one coming soon and if she lets me know, I will post it in the Finds thread.

Attachments

• Coach Kisslock Navy.jpg
    Coach Kisslock Navy.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 9,064
Last edited:
This one is on the way. It is dark navy and can be used as a clutch too - at least according to the seller. She told me she acquired some vintage bags several years ago from a collector. She will have another one coming soon and if she lets me know, I will post it in the Finds thread.

Take more pictures of this one when it arrives, it looks so cute!

I really like this! Thanks for starting it! It will really be a great resource for those of us who are new to vintage bags. I think I have about 7 that would be borderline vintage...how old would a bag need to be to be considered vintage?

Reactions: Jeny09