Vintage Coach Photos & Chat

Can someone comment on Taft vs Classic Hobo? They seem to be about the same size... Anyone has a picture side by side? I wanted a larger shoulder bag, but Tafts are often faked and go for more $$$ while Classic Hobos seem to be under appreciated.

Handle backpack? I can't remember the proper name. Was this mint green or pale blue? Anyone have the catalog pic?

Good deal at $29.99 OBO!

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/323489545482View attachment 4218192

It looks horribly faded. I don't have a catalog picture. I think the color was called aqua but I always felt it was more green than blue.

I agree with Whateve about the bad color fading and possible blotching, and it looks like the side panels absorbed or held the color differently than the front panel.

Here's the website page and thumbnails of that style in unfaded Aqua, along with Coach's catalog page of another style showing the Aqua color as it appeared in the catalog.

9994_Drawstring backpack-1997.jpg 9994_c.jpg 9991_Lunch Box Zip-Spr1997-colors.jpg

Reactions: houseof999
I agree with Whateve about the bad color fading and possible blotching, and it looks like the side panels absorbed or held the color differently than the front panel.

Here's the website page and thumbnails of that style in unfaded Aqua, along with Coach's catalog page of another style showing the Aqua color as it appeared in the catalog.

View attachment 4218420 View attachment 4218421 View attachment 4218422
Wow the original color is so pretty! Thank you for the catalog photo. It's too bad the color faded so badly.

Reactions: whateve
QUESTION: Does anyone know why some Pony Express bags have straps with the ribbing vs this one, which looks like the strap on the American Airlines Stewardess?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vtg-Coach-...h=item41f04a7289:g:OxcAAOSwj6lbvkCU:rk:3:pf:0

Not so much ribbing, more like the outer border of leather stitched onto the perimeter of the strap - like the strap on the Duffle Sac or Legacy Rambler. The one in the attached listing doesn’t have that perimeter of leather, it’s just stitched.
Both types of straps were available at the time. Coach allowed buyers to replace straps when purchasing and also sold straps separately.

Reactions: LadyEdwards
This bag was my mom’s. I have used it so much, the inside would show how much! Haha. But outside, it still looks good. I am sure it is old but I don’t know which year it is from. Any Coach expert out there who can help me?

IMG_2812.jpg

This bag was my mom’s. I have used it so much, the inside would show how much! Haha. But outside, it still looks good. I am sure it is old but I don’t know which year it is from. Any Coach expert out there who can help me?

View attachment 4219698
What's the serial number on the creed patch? What are the dimensions? I have a small one like it. It's from the Grammercy collection. They were made in Italy.

Reactions: pretty_wommon
What's the serial number on the creed patch? What are the dimensions? I have a small one like it. It's from the Grammercy collection. They were made in Italy.

Yes, inside it says "handcrafted in Italy". The number is B9E-7003. And about 11x6in. Thanks for the information. Do you know around what year they were released?

Thank so much! I appreciate the information!