Vintage Coach Photos & Chat

Thank you so much!!!
This is the post where it starts:

Keep going through the pages to see the bags individually until she shows the final group shot at the end of all the authentications :tup:

Thanks for doing that!

Soho bag style# 4082? Says it’s the largest coach bag in the description & looks similar to the duffle sac.

eta: catalog pic
View attachment 5388456
That Soho bag looks perfect! Another Coach trivia question- does anyone know if this style was ever made in Italy? Under a different style number of course- I seem to remember seeing one somewhere. Gorgeous leather!

That Soho bag looks perfect! Another Coach trivia question- does anyone know if this style was ever made in Italy? Under a different style number of course- I seem to remember seeing one somewhere. Gorgeous leather!
Just checked and both my Mahogany and my Red #4082 were made in the US. Mine are retired now, but were well used as daily tote bags to and from the office. And in dire need of a rehab.

It could have been made in Italy but would have had the same style number, or made before 1994 with a random number.

Does anyone know the name and style number of the lightweight version of the XL duffel sac? I seem to remember seeing it mentioned but can’t remember the name. I think it would make an excellent carry on bag for travel.

There's nothing in my files described by Coach with those words. The Soho Bag 4082 is one of the largest bags but it probably wouldn't have been considered a Duffle Sac by Coach.

There was a 4022 Duffle Drawstring 9x12 1/2 x9 inches in the Lightweight line around 1990 but it was about the same size as the regular 9085 Duffle Sac. Also a 4010 Drawstring Sac Large a few years before that with a rectangular base measured at 12 1/2 x14 x 6 1/2 inches. Remember, bags from the Lightweight and Soho lines usually had style numbers starting with the number 4. Any example made before 1994, as both of them were, wouldn't have the style number as part of the serial number and would be hard to search for using the style number.

4022_Duffle Drawstring-Lightweights-1990 winter prev.jpg

4010_Drawstring Sac Large-Lightweights-hol1987-a.jpg

9085_Duffle Sac-1997.jpg

As for your other question, IIRC very few bags from the Lightweight line were made in Italy. During the first half of the 1990s most of the Italian plant's production would have been geared to Dakotas, Sheridans, Madisons and Sonomas although they managed to fit in a few Classic styles too. There's only one Lightweight style in my photo files with an Italy creed. The Lightweights/Sohos were more of a US specialty.

And @whateve is correct, the similar style you mentioned would not have had a different style number just because it was made in Italy. If the style number was different, that's because it actually WAS a different style. There are a few exceptions such as a handful of bags made around 2005 that had 2 different style numbers, but style numbers stayed pretty consistent through the lifetime of a style as long as the basics of its design remained unchanged.

Coach usually kept the same style numbers if they made minor changes on bags, like a different lining or the length or attachment method of a strap. But if they made what they'd probably consider structural changes, the bag would usually get a new style number.

Last edited:
What haul? What am I missing?!

It starts here but you have to scan for posts by @Morgan_Bellini (and the responses) over the next few days.

There's nothing in my files described by Coach with those words. The Soho Bag 4082 is one of the largest bags but it probably wouldn't have been considered a Duffle Sac by Coach.

There was a 4022 Duffle Drawstring 9x12 1/2 x9 inches in the Lightweight line around 1990 but it was about the same size as the regular 9085 Duffle Sac. Also a 4010 Drawstring Sac Large a few years before that with a rectangular base measured at 12 1/2 x14 x 6 1/2 inches. Remember, bags from the Lightweight and Soho lines usually had style numbers starting with the number 4. Any example made before 1994, as both of them were, wouldn't have the style number as part of the serial number and would be hard to search for using the style number.

View attachment 5388669

View attachment 5388675

View attachment 5388689

As for your other question, IIRC very few bags from the Lightweight line were made in Italy. During the first half of the 1990s most of the Italian plant's production would have been geared to Dakotas, Sheridans, Madisons and Sonomas although they managed to fit in a few Classic styles too. There's only one Lightweight style in my photo files with an Italy creed. The Lightweights/Sohos were more of a US specialty.

And @whateve is correct, the similar style you mentioned would not have had a different style number just because it was made in Italy. If the style number was different, that's because it actually WAS a different style. There are a few exceptions such as a handful of bags made around 2005 that had 2 different style numbers, but style numbers stayed pretty consistent through the lifetime of a style as long as the basics of its design remained unchanged.

Coach usually kept the same style numbers if they made minor changes on bags, like a different lining or the length or attachment method of a strap. But if they made what they'd probably consider structural changes, the bag would usually get a new style number.
As always I am so in awe of the depth of knowledge of our authenticators on this forum! Deeply appreciative also! Thank you for all the info!

Just got my third roll bag so took a family photo. All are mine because of fellow handbag aficionados who looked out for me!

One bag friend snapped up the black one because it showed up on eBay and she knew it would sell fast. She shipped it to me and let me reimburse her for what was paid. The beautiful yellow one I got from @aqua1117, thank you! And, I just received the brown one from a friend in the Philippines whose nice friend coming back to the states carried it back and then shipped it to me via the US Post Office! I have never met any of these wonderful ladies in person but their kindness amazes me.

Meet the gorgeous girls!

Attachments

• 953E39BC-2832-4A34-9E39-90B13B063303.jpeg
    953E39BC-2832-4A34-9E39-90B13B063303.jpeg
    67.8 KB · Views: 41
  • 7E6A3BDD-840C-48EA-8396-E43AD8D1D139.jpeg
    7E6A3BDD-840C-48EA-8396-E43AD8D1D139.jpeg
    212.3 KB · Views: 42
  • A0E0B149-A403-4850-B996-5D93A85C6988.jpeg
    A0E0B149-A403-4850-B996-5D93A85C6988.jpeg
    112.5 KB · Views: 41
Just got my third roll bag so took a family photo. All are mine because of fellow handbag aficionados who looked out for me!

One bag friend snapped up the black one because it showed up on eBay and she knew it would sell fast. She shipped it to me and let me reimburse her for what was paid. The beautiful yellow one I got from @aqua1117, thank you! And, I just received the brown one from a friend in the Philippines whose nice friend coming back to the states carried it back and then shipped it to me via the US Post Office! I have never met any of these wonderful ladies in person but their kindness amazes me.

Meet the gorgeous girls!
Yay! Congrats!! You only have one more to get! :panic: A red one!! :yes:

Looking for an authentication on this vintage Sling bag.

COACH Brown Leather Bucket Drawstring Shoulder Bag Purse 9929

Seller: getemwegotem

Item: 384867669171

Please let me know if any more photos are needed for authentication. Thank you, as always.
Twins! And I mean twins. Mine has a few dark stains on the bottom that didn’t budge. I feel yours will fare better. Will enjoy seeing how this Sling looks after some TLC!

Twins! And I mean twins. Mine has a few dark stains on the bottom that didn’t budge. I feel yours will fare better. Will enjoy seeing how this Sling looks after some TLC!

Nice! I had one of these bags in green a few years ago. Unfortunately, at the same time, I also needed shoulder surgery. Consequently I never took the time to figure out how to carry it--I was always in pain with the bag and sold it. I recently acquired this in purple and in red and I am in love. The one shoulder carry was tricky to start but I've got it down now. With this new to me sling bag, I felt like I needed a rehab challenge, but not too big of one. Something to keep me busy while other, more difficult, things go on in life around me. Multiple coats of CPR and crazy buffing is what I need for a few days. Pics to follow.

Nice! I had one of these bags in green a few years ago. Unfortunately, at the same time, I also needed shoulder surgery. Consequently I never took the time to figure out how to carry it--I was always in pain with the bag and sold it. I recently acquired this in purple and in red and I am in love. The one shoulder carry was tricky to start but I've got it down now. With this new to me sling bag, I felt like I needed a rehab challenge, but not too big of one. Something to keep me busy while other, more difficult, things go on in life around me. Multiple coats of CPR and crazy buffing is what I need for a few days. Pics to follow.
I think you find working on this bag very satisfying. Yes please on the pics!

And maybe include the purple and red with the after shots. Would love to see them all!