Vintage Coach Photos & Chat

I use a duffle sac as an overnight bag. But the lightweight line had a couple of large soft totes, there was one with a zip top, and another one with a drawstring closure.
Ooh I just saw a red drawstring one on eBay. Were you referring to this style?
I can't remember the style number. (NMA)

To answer your question about the Lightweights-
They and the Sohos that followed them will almost always have that horseshoe-shaped buckle if they have a functioning buckle at all. If they were made after 1993 and have the actual style number as part of the serial number, the style number will usually start with 40** or 41**. But like always with Coach, there are always exceptions.
Thank you, Hyacinth!! That is extremely useful. I will do my best to avoid them. I was looking at 4134 And 4160 as possible backpack styles for me but was thinking the stitching at the bottom and that buckle surely meant it was the lightweight leather. The 4160 and the Sonoma sling bag are the only two styles I’ve noticed with a back vertical zipper entry into the main compartment. Do you know of any other styles I’m not seeing? I don’t want Sonoma or lightweight leather, I prefer the glove tanned full grain leather.

When I went by to get dust bags, I picked up these for $27 each to go with bags I have that don’t have hang tags. I’ve collected quite a few bags without tags lately. Wondering if I should adorn them with charms. Then again, I’d probably end up spending more on charms than the bags themselves so I’m hesitant to go too far down that road...

View attachment 4846409

View attachment 4846411
Hi all! Here’s a pic of the tea rose against British tan with brass hardware :heart: get one!

29CF9FAE-6FB2-40F1-AF98-83443E46A1A1.jpeg

I use a duffle sac as an overnight bag. But the lightweight line had a couple of large soft totes, there was one with a zip top, and another one with a drawstring closure.

Thanks so much for your responses, @Minchanka and @houseof999! That bag is gorgeous, but I'm looking for something more of a rectangular shape that lies upright (long and wide rather than tall) under the seat in front of me so the contents don't spill out. A zipper closure, full grain leather and made in the US would be ideal!

All suggestions welcome! MTIA!!!

Burnishing may mean that generally, but with Coach, I've noticed that when they advertise something as burnished, at least recently, there is color variation with the edges being darker. You can see it in these listings:
Here’s a comparison of Willis I took for another purpose. Burnished one is on the right.

MUST.HAVE. XL Drawstring Bucket Shopper Tote :love:

Thanks so much for your responses, @Minchanka and @houseof999! That bag is gorgeous, but I'm looking for something more of a rectangular shape that lies upright (long and wide rather than tall) under the seat in front of me so the contents don't spill out. A zipper closure, full grain leather and made in the US would be ideal!

All suggestions welcome! MTIA!!!
What's about a Bancroft?

Reactions: Wild Horses
Oh hey there! I'm the one who sold this bag :smile: This is the style I believe it's supposed to be, the "Pulley Bag" - another used shared this photo a while back from the NYC Coach store: https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/coach-rehab-and-rescue-club.833400/post-33916321

ETA: I see you also posted to the authentication thread expressing your doubts. I was pretty clear in the listing that the bag had no Coach markings… sorry you seem disappointed :sad:

Last edited: