vintage coach - court bag.

Jun 21, 2006
i wanted to share my appreciation for the vintage style coach handbags. i prefer the classic leather look with the brass hardware and turnlock closure. it was actually my first coach (and first designer handbag, as well) when my mom gave me her court bag.

i have a question, while it's still in relatively good shape and condition (just needs a bit cleaning/shining up), the shape of the bag has seemed to be gone. no matter what i've done (tried to stuff it full with socks, tissue paper) it doesn't have that shape that it has on its side . is there any way to remedy this?

also, does anyone here have a liking for vintage coach? i do like the newer designs but for some reason having the printed fabric would easily damage/stain.

this is a pic, in case you aren't familiar, though mine doesn't have the adjustible shoulder strap. http://www.coach.com/content/product.aspx?product_no=1536&category_id=289

Beautiful bag! I grew up admiring my Mom's vintage style coach and it spurred my love for the brand. I tend to gravitate toward the leather styles more so than the signature fabric, because it's both classic and lasting.

As far as maintaining the shape, I'm not really sure. Perhaps the SAs have some suggestions?

I like the Court Bags although they're a little small for all the stuff I carry, have them in British Tan and Jade Green. I can't suggest anything to help with the shaping though, sorry.

I'd suggest a purse divider/organizer or Glitter's cardboard trick. Lovely bag, and good luck!

Yeah, both of thse ideas might work. I have a sturdy peice of cardboard wrapped in fabric on the bottom on my LV Speedy to help it keep it's shape (I'm not a fan of the sagging) also a "purseket" might help eep your things organized and thus keep the bag in better shape.

Good luck, and great bag!

I LOVE the classic bags too. My very first Coach bag was Janice in black and I still have her. I love the longer, adjustable straps of the older pieces too (you could wear them across the body or on the shoulder). I still keep her polished and you could never tell that she (and her sister, Rambler) is almost 15 years old.

i wanted to share my appreciation for the vintage style coach handbags. i prefer the classic leather look with the brass hardware and turnlock closure. it was actually my first coach (and first designer handbag, as well) when my mom gave me her court bag.

i have a question, while it's still in relatively good shape and condition (just needs a bit cleaning/shining up), the shape of the bag has seemed to be gone. no matter what i've done (tried to stuff it full with socks, tissue paper) it doesn't have that shape that it has on its side . is there any way to remedy this?

also, does anyone here have a liking for vintage coach? i do like the newer designs but for some reason having the printed fabric would easily damage/stain.

this is a pic, in case you aren't familiar, though mine doesn't have the adjustible shoulder strap. http://www.coach.com/content/product.aspx?product_no=1536&category_id=289
I would love be to find a vintage Courier!!

Hi, I am new here and in 7th heaven seeing everyone’s treasures. I am getting a very distressed Willis that I want to bring back to glory. It will be my 1st rehab and frankly I am scared to death. I am reading every tutorial, recommendation and comment on the process here. Wish me luck!

Hi, I am new here and in 7th heaven seeing everyone’s treasures. I am getting a very distressed Willis that I want to bring back to glory. It will be my 1st rehab and frankly I am scared to death. I am reading every tutorial, recommendation and comment on the process here. Wish me luck!

Just a suggestion - instead of digging up a 10-year old thread, start a new one with a new subject. Or find a current one on the same subject that you can add to. Most old threads have nothing more to say and are better off left to vanish back into their component electrons, in fact, posters are usually reminded of that when they try to add a post to a dead thread. Usually the posters have moved on to different interests or might not even be posting here anymore. Resurrecting dead posts also clogs up the forums.

That advice also holds for your reply to the 6 year old thread about the Court Bag. Please check the thread dates before replying.

There are several forums under the Coach Clubhouse heading for talking about vintage bags and how to rehab them, please always check the first post in any thread you're trying to post in for the Rules governing that thread:

https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/coach-rehab-and-rescue-club.833400/

https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/vintage-coach-photos-chat.857690/

Usually the last (highest page number) posts are the most recent. It's a good idea to check the contents and subjucts of all the forums about one brand before you decide where to post a comment or question.

Thanks!

Last edited: