Vintage Coach City Bag or Vintage Bucket Bag? Which to choose?

Munki

Oct 22, 2013
Hi, I am new to owning a vintage Coach and I am in a pickle. I love them all, but especially I am torn between purchasing the City Bag and The Bucket Bag. I would love to hear your opinions; pros and cons of either or both. What you like about them, what you don't. You have the experience, and while I know it comes down to personal preference and needs, I would just love to know what you think. Thanks in advance! :smile:

Hi, I am new to owning a vintage Coach and I am in a pickle. I love them all, but especially I am torn between purchasing the City Bag and The Bucket Bag. I would love to hear your opinions; pros and cons of either or both. What you like about them, what you don't. You have the experience, and while I know it comes down to personal preference and needs, I would just love to know what you think. Thanks in advance! :smile:

I have a City bag and a newer bucket bag. The City bag is great when I was only carrying keys, wallet, lip product, card case, and other flat things. The strap is thinner which is comfortable, but over time, where it connects to the brass, it has worn loose though still attached. My bucket bag has a thicker strap which which would take longer to work loose from use, I imagine. I'm also a mom to an under 10 crowd so I'm carrying my items and their items and for that reason I go for my bucket if choosing between the two

Reactions: Munki
I have a City bag and a newer bucket bag. The City bag is great when I was only carrying keys, wallet, lip product, card case, and other flat things. The strap is thinner which is comfortable, but over time, where it connects to the brass, it has worn loose though still attached. My bucket bag has a thicker strap which which would take longer to work loose from use, I imagine. I'm also a mom to an under 10 crowd so I'm carrying my items and their items and for that reason I go for my bucket if choosing between the two
Thank you, Tygriss. This is very helpful. As I wanted a bigger bag, for all around carrying, I think I will go with a bucket bag this time. This is great. Much appreciated!

Reactions: Tygriss
I think the City Bag is a Classic. Classic look, can be more easily spotted as a Vintage Coach bag for those who know. Has the brass Turnlock. Then my favorite, a bucket or duffle bag. They hang and hug your body. Hold a lot! Not as easily noticed as vintage Coach but you know, and it’s the leather we are after. I honestly think they are both so different that you need both. LOL. A daily bucket or duffle and then a going out City bag;)

Reactions: Munki