Vintage Chanel Red Lambskin Jumbo Classic - how much is it worth?

mamao

Apr 16, 2008
Assuming that you find one with all its proper documentation and the condition is good, what do you think a fair price for this bag would be?

Is it really as rare and hard to find as they say? I'm curious what other tpfers think and if anyone has found and bought one, approximately what was the cost? Was it worth it??

Yikes, look at the price of that one on eBay! I'm interested to see how high that auction goes for since Chanel is expected to reproduce the vintage jumbos by Christmas at the price of the current jumbo flaps (brand new & at a cheaper price...those buyers should check tPF before purchasing). It doesn't really matter if it's no longer in production....if I'm not the original owner & it's not brand new, I wouldn't pay more than $1400 for it. To each his own.

this really depends how much you want this bag.....theres been a bit of discussion about it and i love the vintage flaps so i know ive shelled some pretty pennys for the older bags....but as long as theyre in very good condition and youve done your research on how much they have been selling for on eBay etc...

my jumbo caviar red with gold hdw in the vintage large was around the 3K range...ive def seen prices go beyond 4K usd on eBay for a nice red vintage jumbo large bag....

this one is from a very reputable seller, bought my vintage flaps from her before but this one seems very dark red compared to other reds ive seen...still a stunning bag though :smile:

Personally, I wouldnt pay more than $2000 for any vintage.... But I guess if there is demand, there will be supply. I agree with some of the PFers on the other thread who stated that the prices of Chanels are getting riduculousy expensive because there are buyers willing to pay for the exorbitant price tag. I believe the prices will come down if all buyers start sending in reasonable offers and not hit BIN for like 4k!

Anyhoo, go with what you can afford comfortably. I dont think its worth it if you need to scringe and save for an expensive bag that you are not at ease with the price... remember, bags will always be popping up on Ebay and you WILL eventually find the bag that you are looking for, with the right price.

Good Luck!

Personally, I wouldnt pay more than $2000 for any vintage.... But I guess if there is demand, there will be supply. I agree with some of the PFers on the other thread who stated that the prices of Chanels are getting riduculousy expensive because there are buyers willing to pay for the exorbitant price tag. I believe the prices will come down if all buyers start sending in reasonable offers and not hit BIN for like 4k!

Anyhoo, go with what you can afford comfortably. I dont think its worth it if you need to scringe and save for an expensive bag that you are not at ease with the price... remember, bags will always be popping up on Ebay and you WILL eventually find the bag that you are looking for, with the right price.

Good Luck!

ITA! :tup::yes:

I just won a Vintage Jumbo caviar @ USD 1435 , is this price reasonable cos the seller only includes the carebook , but not the card and the card. Condition is still good. What do you guys think?