Vintage Chanel Maintenance

1. I recently got a very vintage chanel drawstring bag...but the condition of the leather is horrible...well...the outer part seems to be kinda cracking (?) and the gold hardware is already discolored a bit....
    Any tips on restoring the leather? Should I polish it with oil? How about the hardware? Any tips would be much appreciated~! Thanks everyone~! :confused1: :yes: :wlae:

2. I would probably take it to Chanel for a cleaning/restoration. I would be afraid to do it myself.

3. i took my vintage camera bag to the ny store a couple years ago and they did abeautiful job "polishing" it and replacing the chain and the cording. was well worth the $200 or so it cost!

4. wow, thanks. Does it look a lot better now that you've gotten the work done?
    I needed to get the interior of my LV Sac Plat replaced and I've been putting it off because it's supposed to cost $298 or something and then tax on top of that. But I guess it's worth it if you look at it as getting the bag renewed for a fraction of its price. :yes: :shame:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice