Vintage Chanel Diana Review- mygrandfathersthings

Hi all, sorry I’m a bit late to the bandwagon. Would anybody that purchased a small Diana off her able to share the purchase price (ballpark); and the currency used?

Depending on the condition of the bag, lambskin Dianas (she stated she doesn't plan on selling caviar Dianas) range from 3200-3500 from what I've seen. Surprisingly I don't think there is a huge price difference between the small and medium Dianas in terms of the highest bidder price.

Depending on the condition of the bag, lambskin Dianas (she stated she doesn't plan on selling caviar Dianas) range from 3200-3500 from what I've seen. Surprisingly I don't think there is a huge price difference between the small and medium Dianas in terms of the highest bidder price.
I thought she's sold caviar dianas in the past. I've definitely seen them in the last few months.

She changed her policy to be fixed price only going forward for the near future. She said there are too many people flaking on the auction system so she's not going to bother anymore.

I thought she's sold caviar dianas in the past. I've definitely seen them in the last few months.

She changed her policy to be fixed price only going forward for the near future. She said there are too many people flaking on the auction system so she's not going to bother anymore.

I read in a recent q&a she did that she wasn't planning to sell/source caviar Diana's for the foreseeable because they're too pricey and rare, but I don't doubt that she may have sold a few in the past.

I also saw this past weekend she said every single bidder has defaulted so she announced she would be selling that particular bag at market value (re: no bidding, first come first serve). I hope she keeps the auction format going though, would suck for a few bad eggs to ruin it for the ready and able bidders.

Hi all, sorry I’m a bit late to the bandwagon. Would anybody that purchased a small Diana off her able to share the purchase price (ballpark); and the currency used?
I haven't bought from her but typically usually 3800-4200 and in USD

She recently changed it so only clients who have purchased from her in the past or have been following her on ig prior to 2017 are now allowed to see the 'close friends' story = where she does the auction for now; i don't know how long this limitation will be for though.

I understand her reason for limiting this to “close friends” for now. This isn’t her full time job and it must be really annoying dealing with flaky buyers.

However I can also relate to buyers who might ask a lot of questions and end up not purchasing, especially if you’re new to vintage and have doubts about buying on Instagram. Tbh this is why I won’t ever have a “good relationship” with an SA — I just don’t buy enough to be high value customer and that’s ok!

I understand her reason for limiting this to “close friends” for now. This isn’t her full time job and it must be really annoying dealing with flaky buyers.

However I can also relate to buyers who might ask a lot of questions and end up not purchasing, especially if you’re new to vintage and have doubts about buying on Instagram. Tbh this is why I won’t ever have a “good relationship” with an SA — I just don’t buy enough to be high value customer and that’s ok!

It's funny you say that because I feel like I'm that type of buyer too (re: I ask a lot of questions just to make sure it fits all the criteria). I actually only reached out to her once and my only question was about the length of a strap drop on a vintage square that was going for auction. I was surprised that she didn't really answer the question and didn't even measure it out so I was a bit put off by that, she instead referred me to a blog post she had written about vintage vs. modern squares but it still didn't answer my question about the strap length on that particular bag (I'm petite so strap length is a big deal when I'm considering a bag). It was the main reason why I didn't bid. There is a definitely a fine line, but from that interaction I didn't really get a good impression.

And as an update to my most latest post and consistent with others who have said this, but she unfortunately has now closed the process of purchasing the bags she sources to the public instead only allowing close friends or past customers to now purchase. I'm not sure if she'll open it back up to the public again.

It's funny you say that because I feel like I'm that type of buyer too (re: I ask a lot of questions just to make sure it fits all the criteria). I actually only reached out to her once and my only question was about the length of a strap drop on a vintage square that was going for auction. I was surprised that she didn't really answer the question and didn't even measure it out so I was a bit put off by that, she instead referred me to a blog post she had written about vintage vs. modern squares but it still didn't answer my question about the strap length on that particular bag (I'm petite so strap length is a big deal when I'm considering a bag). It was the main reason why I didn't bid. There is a definitely a fine line, but from that interaction I didn't really get a good impression.

And as an update to my most latest post and consistent with others who have said this, but she unfortunately has now closed the process of purchasing the bags she sources to the public instead only allowing close friends or past customers to now purchase. I'm not sure if she'll open it back up to the public again.

Yeah it’s really unfortunate that these purchases should require a lot of thought and consideration, and yet that’s one of the things that will make you a “flaky buyer”.

She said it's fine to ask a lot of questions before bidding, and she encourages lots of questions, but she didn't like that people were bidding, then asking questions, and then when they won, they flaked out or ghosted. If you have questions, ask them first. It's the same thing as if you were using a personal shopper or SA, you tell them to go ahead with the transaction, they help you with everything, then you ask all the questions and then you decide you don't want it anymore or you ghost them. It's rude.

Her auction is set up so that if you put a number down, you are already committing to buying. You're not getting the opportunity to ask more questions. If you want to do that, do it before you put a number down.

In terms of research, I highly suggest doing your own external research before buying from her or any other consignor or personal shopper. It's just good general practice to do separate and independent research so you know you're getting the true facts.

I’ve also been amazed by her vintage finds along with another instagram personal shopper and am so tempted to get one from them.
My main concern that noone is talking about if it is safe to even order a Chanel from Instagram?! Purseforum is the only place MGFT is mentioned but I can’t find any feedback on authenticity and reliability. I find it frightening to order such an expensive item on Instagram which has no buyers protection, kind of weird we can’t pay with paypal to IG sellers-only Tranferwise or bank transfer which is very risky as it has absolutely no buyers protection. It’s just blindly trusting these sellers with no security to land on if things go wrong. Anyone that can say anything about their experience with buying from IG sellers/sellers that are reliable?

Reactions: platanoparty
I bought my first bag from MGFT after Thanksgiving, and it was truly an awesome experience. After patiently waiting for months I got a small dark beige Diana bag! I got it through the shark-style sales model. The bag arrived yesterday and she is in way better condition than was shown in the videos she posted, so everything actually exceeded my expectations. She even came with sticker and card (which doesn’t matter to me, but a nice bonus). Overall the buying process was really smooth, and she is a really nice and humorous person, who obviously has a huge passion for Diana bags (my favourite). I think there are pros and cons to both the auction and shark sales models, but at least there are both which gives everybody an opportunity to buy the bag they really want, it just requires patience to wait for the right one . Here is a photo of Annie, and all the great goodies that came with her - she is a gem!!

Attachments

• 7F246067-E58B-42E0-9F5F-B63045B3E9AD.jpeg
    7F246067-E58B-42E0-9F5F-B63045B3E9AD.jpeg
    373.9 KB · Views: 214
I also just recently purchased from MGFT for the first time after being a follower for a long time. Sharing my experience here in case it is helpful for others who are interested.

I was waiting for a bag that fit my criteria, but was tempted by many she’s posted over time. I participated in an auction and lucked out with my bid! :smile: I was able to welcome a caramel vintage full flap with card and sticker to my collection, which is not common for a series 1!

Overall, the transaction was very smooth and she was willing to work with whatever payment I wanted to use. I really appreciated her smooth and clear communication, and you can tell that she’s really passionate and knowledgeable about the vintage market. I felt like I was in good hands buying from someone who is quite knowledgeable about vintage bags.
Shipping was extremely fast to the states and the condition was as described. I’d recommend checking out MGFT if you’re interested in a vintage bag!

I recently purchased my first Chanel from MGFT after following her for ages and just waiting for the right bag to come up. Similar to WheresMyChanel, I also lucked out with my bid and woke up with the pleasant surprise that I had won. I ended up falling in love with a black vintage mini 20cm square flap which looked LUSH, and it's a series 1 with both the sticker and authentication card!

I found the whole experience excellent and very easy, to be honest. The Instagram stories with the bag showed me everything I needed to know, and for this particular bag she also posted stories of the one in her own collection and how she uses it which really convinced me. Bidding process was super simple, and she was very helpful and responsive with the next steps after winning. Transaction process and payment was very smooth, but I was able to pay directly to the TransferWise account in pounds which may have helped simplify things. Shipping was a dream - the bag arrived in the UK from HK in about four days, and it was packaged perfectly (bubble wrap, tissue paper, dust bag, the works), she even separately wrapped the chain from the body of the bag to avoid chain marks in transit. As for the actual bag, the condition is just stunning and even better than what I expected - I've posted pictures.

I'll admit I was a bit nervous about buying something off Instagram without seeing it in person but she is so passionate about vintage and was so clear and responsive that I really felt taken care of. I would definitely buy from her again.

Hope this was useful for someone! Happy to answer any questions.

Attachments

• PXL_20210211_102050548~2.jpg
    PXL_20210211_102050548~2.jpg
    212.3 KB · Views: 106
  • PXL_20210211_103242860.PORTRAIT.jpg
    PXL_20210211_103242860.PORTRAIT.jpg
    201.4 KB · Views: 106