Vintage Chanel Diana Review- mygrandfathersthings

mchan02

Oct 22, 2019
Hi Everyone!

I wanted to post a review for my purchase of my beautiful beige diana from mygrandfathersthings! When I was doing my own research to purchase a vintage diana, it was overall really confusing and quite difficult to find information about it. Preloved sites like therealreal and fashionphile had very limited options and was quite overpriced for the condition in my opinion. However, through my research I stumbled across mygrandfathersthings on IG who is an expert in the diana in particular. She sources Dianas in a variety of colors and sizes and is super knowledgeable when it comes to them! She's very understanding about answering all my questions and it definitely made me more comfortable when I felt like it was a comfortable time for me to purchase one. I highly recommend reaching out if you're trying to score this beauty!!

i'm planning to buy from her as well! are you based in the US? did you end up paying custom or sales tax? also, did you get the medium or small? i'm thinking small because i'm petite and only 5'2" but i'm not exactly the biggest fan of crossbody or mini bags. i plan to use it going to work as a shoulder bag. i have both a square mini, m/l and jumbo flaps. would you say the size you picked is closer to mini or m/l flap? would love to see a mod shot! TIA!

Reactions: CocoGlitter
I've been following MGFTs on Instagram for a few weeks, did you find her auction method to be a little awkward to use? I think that she does this because she wants to give equal access to all of her followers to buy a bag, but at the same time auctions give me anxiety. Let me know your thoughts!

Reactions: platanoparty
Highly recommend MGFT for vintage Chanel Diana! It's in my wishlist and I got really lucky and managed to bid for a Chanel Diana successfully. I was pleasantly surprised by the great condition of the bag when it arrived. Love the bag and can't wait to bring it out. Appreciate that she included the care card with tips on how to maintain the bag. Will definitely bid again if I have the chance to!

Reactions: alyyy0
I've been a follower of MGFT on Instagram for years, and bought my first Small black lambskin Diana from her in early 2019. Back then she didn't have auctions yet, and I was very lucky to have been able to purchase one from her at that time as I know she has a long waitlist! Also had the pleasure of meeting her 'intern' in HK when I picked up the bag myself.

Fast forward a year later, I was able to purchase another one of her vintage bags - this time a Mini Square Caviar in black, through her auction. Must admit it was one of the most intense 24 hours ever, but I do understand she has a large client base worldwide and wants to keep things fair.

She curates the most beautiful vintage Chanels and is one of the most honest and friendliest people out there. She makes sure you know exactly what to expect from a bag you're looking to purchase, and includes the tiniest of details as well. No force selling, keeps everything fair, and makes every conversation personal - definitely not a lot like her out there! Including a photo of my 2 MGFT purchases here! :smile: added my own watermark but needed to share how amazing the quality of these bags are!

eZy Watermark_07-08-2020_06-58-16PM.JPG

Last edited:
I recently discovered her too and I'm hoping maybe someone can elaborate on the auction process? Do you submit it once - similar to a silent auction or do you increase your bids ilke ebay?
Thanks!

I recently discovered her too and I'm hoping maybe someone can elaborate on the auction process? Do you submit it once - similar to a silent auction or do you increase your bids ilke ebay?
Thanks!

She'll set the min bid and then announce highest bid is half way through the 24 hour auction-- so 12 hours after the start she'll give the highest bid so far. You can submit your bid anytime within the 24 hours, but of course the bid you make after the 12th hour mark is the most important bid you can make. Unlike ebay, which will always have the current highest bid listed, she'll announce the current highest bid only at the 12th hour mark. You won't know how much others are bidding or the current bid, except only at the 12th hour. She doesn't announce the highest bid at the end of the auction either. (Or has she started doing that now? I forget.) Anyway, hope I'm making sense. It's kind of confusing at first, but after you watch her bidding process for a couple of weekends, you'll start to understand how it works. I can attest to how nice and honest of a seller she is. If you're not ready to bid either, it's a great source of Diana information and entertainment (she's pretty funny).

She'll set the min bid and then announce highest bid is half way through the 24 hour auction-- so 12 hours after the start she'll give the highest bid so far. You can submit your bid anytime within the 24 hours, but of course the bid you make after the 12th hour mark is the most important bid you can make. Unlike ebay, which will always have the current highest bid listed, she'll announce the current highest bid only at the 12th hour mark. You won't know how much others are bidding or the current bid, except only at the 12th hour. She doesn't announce the highest bid at the end of the auction either. (Or has she started doing that now? I forget.) Anyway, hope I'm making sense. It's kind of confusing at first, but after you watch her bidding process for a couple of weekends, you'll start to understand how it works. I can attest to how nice and honest of a seller she is. If you're not ready to bid either, it's a great source of Diana information and entertainment (she's pretty funny).
thank you so much!!!
do you know if she does only auctions or does she do any personal shopping?
ie: its really silly but when i started looking into vintage bags, i thought it would be really cute to get a bag that was made in the same year i was born

• Love
Reactions: faye_smith and 880
thank you so much!!!
do you know if she does only auctions or does she do any personal shopping?
ie: its really silly but when i started looking into vintage bags, i thought it would be really cute to get a bag that was made in the same year i was born

as far as I know, she only does auctions. I think if you’re an existing customer who has bought from her, she can help you source another bag.

I think it would be so cute to get a bag the same age as you. I was thinking if doing the same, but it’s harder to find bags my year bc I’m a bit older.:lol:

• Love
Reactions: faye_smith and 880