Vintage Chanel Bags

Hello. I have recently decided that I want buy my first vintage chanel. I have never bought a vintage bag before, so I have a lot questions :shame: I am looking for a black, small/medium bag that can be worn cross body. I have been searching on ebay and different sites and it seems like all of the vintage bags are always in lambskin and GHW? :thinking: I personally prefer caviar leather with SHW, but it seems like that is very hard to find?
My budget is $2000
Is there any of you that have experience with buying vintage chanel? What is your best tips for a "beginner"? Do you have any website recommendations for vintage chanel? (I live in Norway, so international shipping is a must!)
Please post pictures if you have bought vintage chanel cross body. :biggrin:

Hi, CelineNanoLover!
I have bought 3 Chanel vintages so far... Maxi Black LB, Jumbo Beige LB and small Navy LB shoulder bag with tassel... all with GHW and latter two came from ebay US. I'm sorry I just have the picture of my beige immediately after opening the packaging, she's now getting her spa treatment... :graucho:
Yeah, I think you are pretty much right on most of them tend to be GHW and lambskin is more common but you will find caviar here and there if you get lucky. I've noticed vintage lambskin is really durable. My Maxi is more than 10 yrs old and I had her for another 3 years and she still looks like the day I bought her, which is pretty awesome. Is there any consignment stores nearby your place by any chance? Maybe you can have a feel how it looks like before buying... I love shopping for vintages from ebay, I manage to get really great deals (my small shoulder bag cost me around 800usd, you can get away definitely with your budget!) You can check out ebay too and have your bag authenticated on TPF before purchasing...You just need to do a bit of hunting down and be patient! Good luck ;)

Attachments

• IMG_0666.JPG
    IMG_0666.JPG
    155.4 KB · Views: 3,756
  • IMG_0667.JPG
    IMG_0667.JPG
    138.9 KB · Views: 2,856
  • IMG_0533.JPG
    IMG_0533.JPG
    152.6 KB · Views: 2,898
Last edited:
Reactions: Saltvinegar
Hi, CelineNanoLover!
I have bought 3 Chanel vintages so far... Maxi Black LB, Jumbo Beige LB and small Navy LB shoulder bag with tassel... all with GHW and latter two came from ebay US. I'm sorry I just have the picture of my beige immediately after opening the packaging, she's now getting her spa treatment... :graucho:
Yeah, I think you are pretty much right on most of them tend to be GHW and lambskin is more common but you will find caviar here and there if you get lucky. I've noticed vintage lambskin is really durable. My Maxi is more than 10 yrs old and I had her for another 3 years and she still looks like the day I bought her, which is pretty awesome. Is there any consignment stores nearby your place by any chance? Maybe you can have a feel how it looks like before buying... I love shopping for vintages from ebay, I manage to get really great deals (my small shoulder bag cost me around 800usd, you can get away definitely with your budget!) You can check out ebay too and have your bag authenticated on TPF before purchasing...You just need to do a bit of hunting down and be patient! Good luck ;)

OMG!! Your bags are gorgeous! I wish I could find one like any of yours :sad:. Congratulations !!!! If I am ever that lucky I can get one for me and my daughter;).. Congrats they are beautiful!

Hi, CelineNanoLover!

Thank you so much for your respons! There are no Chanel stores in Norway unfortunately :sad: Your vintage collection is absolutely amazing. :loveeyes: LOVE the small shoulder bag with the tassel. The detailing on the CC logo is gorgeous! do you more pictures of it? any mood pictures?

Thank you so much for your respons! There are no Chanel stores in Norway unfortunately :sad: Your vintage collection is absolutely amazing. :loveeyes: LOVE the small shoulder bag with the tassel. The detailing on the CC logo is gorgeous! do you more pictures of it? any mood pictures?

No problem, it's a pleasure! ;)
I'm sorry you don't have a Chanel boutique in Norway.... honestly, I don't even go to Chanel boutique in KL even though its 15 mins away.... I prefer to scout consignment stores instead... hahahaha! but I'm even more into ebay actually... I love sitting in front of the computer more...pretty bad huh?! hahaha!! :P
Here's some pic of the small Chanel... I sort of expected the bag to be in a good vintage condition but it turned out to be in awesome condition actually despite being such a super soft lambskin... i was impressed... really love the GHW in vintage bags... the color is just AWESOME! :biggrin: I'm sorry the pics does not do the bag justice...
I took picture with of it with my other newer navy Chanel bags... I think it looks equally good with the rest ;) I will try mod pics soon!

Attachments

• IMG_0699.jpg
    IMG_0699.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 2,620
  • IMG_0700.jpg
    IMG_0700.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 2,615
  • IMG_0702.JPG
    IMG_0702.JPG
    89.2 KB · Views: 2,613
  • IMG_0683.JPG
    IMG_0683.JPG
    92.7 KB · Views: 2,702
  • IMG_0701.JPG
    IMG_0701.JPG
    122 KB · Views: 2,675
Reactions: Kailua
Hi, CelineNanoLover!

I'm sorry you don't have a Chanel boutique in Norway.... honestly, I don't even go to Chanel boutique in KL even though its 15 mins away.... I prefer to scout consignment stores instead... hahahaha! but I'm even more into ebay actually... I love sitting in front of the computer more...pretty bad huh?! hahaha!! :P
Here's some pic of the small Chanel... I sort of expected the bag to be in a good vintage condition but it turned out to be in awesome condition actually despite being such a super soft lambskin... i was impressed... really love the GHW in vintage bags... the color is just AWESOME! :biggrin: I'm sorry the pics does not do the bag justice...
I took picture with of it with my other newer navy Chanel bags... I think it looks equally good with the rest ;) I will try mod pics soon!

Absolutely stunning! :loveeyes: Can you wear it cross body? Love the BOY in the middle also! I really admire your Chanel collection!

Wow, that tassel bag is GORGEOUS!!! Love the detail on the CC!!!

It's hard to find a vintage cross body because classic flaps were not worn that way back then. Even harder to find caviar leather.
But what about this cute small flap like Olivia Munn has? As a rule, it sells for under $2000.
Oops, sorry about the pic size!

Attachments

• olivia-munn-small flap.jpg
    olivia-munn-small flap.jpg
    167.6 KB · Views: 10,927
It's hard to find a vintage cross body because classic flaps were not worn that way back then. Even harder to find caviar leather.
But what about this cute small flap like Olivia Munn has? As a rule, it sells for under $2000.
Oops, sorry about the pic size!

Yes, I really like that style. It looks like it can be worn cross body :biggrin: Do you know what this specific bag is called? have you seen it for sale anywhere? :smile:

Yes, I really like that style. It looks like it can be worn cross body :biggrin: Do you know what this specific bag is called? have you seen it for sale anywhere? :smile:

Um....:giggles::rolleyes: yes I do know where you can buy it. lol!
(hint, see my signature)

It's called a small/mini flap. The measurements are 8 x 6 x 2.5 inches. It can be worn cross body although the chain is not super long.

Fahrina said:
Hi, CelineNanoLover!

Do you have any newer lambskins? If so, do you see a difference of durability?

Um....:giggles::rolleyes: yes I do know where you can buy it. lol!
(hint, see my signature)

It's called a small/mini flap. The measurements are 8 x 6 x 2.5 inches. It can be worn cross body although the chain is not super long.

haha :lol: I didn't noticed it before you told me.
Do you know how long the chain is also? I can't find any black small/mini flap bags available on your site? :thinking:

I have 2 vintages, one is a Mini and the other is an M/L. I agree that it will be tough to find a vintage that is not lambskin or gold hardware. The Caviar and silver hardware seems to be a more recent trend (approx last 15 years or so). Most vintages available online are from the late 80s/early-mid 90s.

Both of my vintages are lambskin and I love them! I am a lambskin addict lol I have a caviar bowler from Chanel and it is nice but lambskin just does it for me! My Mini is a 0 series and is durable as anything and my M/L is a 2 series and is beautiful shape (and I use her very often!). Like you I prefer silver hardware bc I feel that it is a bit more modern, but gold is the classic and the vintages just have "that look" with their gold hardware.

I love vintages, I would say just see what's out there and what catches your eye!

All of my bags are vintage, at least 20 years plus except for one bag that I bought new. I do have a few Caviar pieces but both have gold hardware, very few vintage pieces will have silver as it wasn't that common back then nor was Caviar. My two Caviar pieces are at from the late 80's my other classic's are from the early 80's to the early 70's.

Attachments

• white_bag.jpg
    white_bag.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 2,559
  • r_401600_grande.jpg
    r_401600_grande.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 4,097